Views
Helpful
Replies

A couple of questions regarding Call_Termination_Detail and PeripheralCallTypes

hi_robb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I've a couple of questions regarding what PeripheralCallTypes 1 and 2 in TCD actually mean.  I know what they are defined as in the Cisco data dictionary, but what actually are they from a routing / type of call perspective.

Here's a little (simplified) scenario.  Using a comprehensive call flow model with CVP a typical call of ours does this.

CUBE > CUSP > CVP > ICM (script) > VRU (IVR treatment) > ICM (queue to skillgroup) > CUCM > Agent Phone

In TCD for a single call I'd normally see something like this.

RouterCallKeyDay RouterCallKey PeripheralID RouterCallKeySequenceNumber PeripheralCallType
153127                10674            5013            0                                               42
153127                10674            5013            1                                               43
153127                10674            5002            2                                               2

Which is what I'd absolutely expect to see. I see the type 42 CVP switch leg, followed by the type 43 CVP VRU leg, and finally the type 2 leg which we'll say is the CUCM leg to deliver the call to the agent in our skillgroup.

So why would I get this sort of result.

RouterCallKeyDay RouterCallKey PeripheralID RouterCallKeySequenceNumber PeripheralCallType

153127                10676             5014           0                                               42
153127                10676            5014           1                                               1
153127                10676             5002           2                                               2

Now in this set of records, I can see my type 42 Periphercal ID, but, I don't see the 43.  Instead I see a PCT of 1 followed by a 2!  So what might cause this and what exactly is a 1 or a 2 in general telephony call terms.

Many thanks.

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

When you see 43, that means the call sat in the queue and the caller received queue treatment

When you see 1, that means the call did not receive queue treatment, rather, it was answered by the agent when the call was delivered.

When you see 1 and 43 for the same call, that means it RONA'd but eventually answered by an agent

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

When you see 43, that means the call sat in the queue and the caller received queue treatment

When you see 1, that means the call did not receive queue treatment, rather, it was answered by the agent when the call was delivered.

When you see 1 and 43 for the same call, that means it RONA'd but eventually answered by an agent

Thanks muchly, great answer.

Kind regards

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: