cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandoned Call Wait Time of Peripheral not working

Nissar Sulaiman
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer would like to keep Abandoned Call Wait time to 120 secs. Thus the calls abandoned by the customer within this time will not be counted in offered & abandoned.

We have changed this setting in CM PIM & CVP PIMs and restared the PGs. The test calls are made & disconned while queuing to agent within 120 secs. Unfortunately, all the calls are pegged in abandoned calls in historical report.

We are using UCCE 8.0 with two CVP 8.0.

Call Flow:

PSTN --> Gateway -->CUCM Route Pattern --> CVP Trunk -->ICM Dialed Number (for CVP) -->IVR_CALL_TYPE --> Send To Vru --> Run Ext Script ( Main CVP App) --> AGENT_CALL_TYPE --> Queue to Skillgroup.

We are interested AGENT_CALL_TYPE abandoned calls. Is the "Abandoned Call Wait Time" means the time spend in "Queue to Skillgroup" only or total time spend that include time in IVR?

Best Regards,

nissar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The setting only affects abandoned calls. Calls that abandon under 120s will be counted as short calls - calls that abandon after 120s will be counted as abandoned.

I must say that 120s is a strange setting for this parameter. I would not do it. Typical setting is 5s - the idea is that callers who have called the wrong number and hear the first greeting identifying the call center drop quickly. But they will be counted on the first call type (the one attached to the dialed number aligned with the scheduled script) during the "Main CVP App"). They won't even get to the "AGENT_CALL_TYPE".

I don't think this is going to be useful. The "Short Call" timer is system wide. I think you are opening yourself up to more problems.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Call Flow:

PSTN --> Gateway -->CUCM Route Pattern --> CVP Trunk -->ICM Dialed Number (for CVP) -->IVR_CALL_TYPE --> Send To Vru --> Run Ext Script ( Main CVP App) --> AGENT_CALL_TYPE --> Queue to Skillgroup.

That's an odd call flow for a call from the PSTN. Call Manager should not be involved until the agent goes ready and the Router chooses them.

So PSTN --> Gateway --> CVP --> ICM Dialed Number --> IVR entry call type + script --> Send to VRU --> Gateway for bootstrap --> Call Server --> Request Instruction --> script resumes --> Run Ext Script (Main CVP App) --> AGENT_CALL_TYPE --> Queue to Skill Group.

Set Short Calls to 120 in System Information and abandoned calls udner 120 won't be counted. That is also an odd requirement.

AGENT_CALL_TYPE counts time in the queue to SG only.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the suggestions.

By setting Short Calls to 120, I fear even the answered calls won't be counted. Am I wrong? Only abandoned under 120 should'nt be counted.

regards,

nissar

The setting only affects abandoned calls. Calls that abandon under 120s will be counted as short calls - calls that abandon after 120s will be counted as abandoned.

I must say that 120s is a strange setting for this parameter. I would not do it. Typical setting is 5s - the idea is that callers who have called the wrong number and hear the first greeting identifying the call center drop quickly. But they will be counted on the first call type (the one attached to the dialed number aligned with the scheduled script) during the "Main CVP App"). They won't even get to the "AGENT_CALL_TYPE".

I don't think this is going to be useful. The "Short Call" timer is system wide. I think you are opening yourself up to more problems.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the advice. We have convinced the customer not to go for this option.

We have observed that in calltype interval table, the abandoned time is the total time of the call, not the time after call type changed to "AGENT_CALL_TYPE".

Is there any mechanism to get the abandoned time after the call type changed?.  

Dear nisarmail,

I knew that it passed 3 years, but I found the same problem. How did you solved this issue?