cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Desktop vs One-Button Logon - UCCX 7.0

kathy.thornton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm new to the forum.  I'm working with Customer Service supervisors who are asking what is the difference between an agent being logged in using the Agent Desktop vs the One-Button login on the phone.  I have done some research online, but can't find the answer to this question.  I realize the agent can't see the reporting functions, but we're not concerned about that.  They are there to answer calls, not check their stats.  Thanks for any help on this.

Kathy

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The one-button login you are referring to is an optional configuration of the IP Phone Agent (IPPA) user interface. You'll get far better traction referring to it as IPPA.

The SRND provides tables 1-8 for CAD and 1-9 for IPPA which outline the features of each interface. IPPA is your only option in a Standard license. Some CAD features are only available with a Premium license. I suggest reviewing the tables and deciding which option fits the agents' workflow best.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

IP Phone Agent (whether set up as one button login or not) will allow you to have an agent without having to install software on a PC.  The downside is that it's a little clunkier to use.  Sometimes you have to hit several buttons on the phone to do things like transfer a call. 

The agent desktop moves this to an interface that gives you something a bit easier to navigate.  Also, it provides a much easier way for you to display additional information to the agent that may be relavent to the call.  The script can populate custom information based on caller input, caller ANI, DNIS, etc.  do database dips, and pop that info onto the screen.  Also the agent desktop can drive actions to other programs (opening screens, navigating to preconfigured web pages and populating data, etc.). 

Both work and work well.  You would have to examine your needs to determine if one is more appropriate than the other.

Cliff