Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Lines not showing Finesse Status after Ring No Answer

Quintin.Mayo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We've gotten new 8811 phones to replace existing 7965 phones.
After deploying the phones agents signed into Finesse from the phones lose the status screen after a presented call rings with no answer.
The phone screen reverts to the device profile without the Finesse Status being displayed as it does immediately after login. Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Which firmware are you running on 88XX phones?

Also please specify your Contact Center deployment.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Phone firmware and CUCM version information below

- Physical Devices firmware sip88xx.14-1-1-0001-125
- CUCM version System version: 12.5.1.16900-48

Hi, sorry if I'm not following, are you saying these are FIPPA phones where you're using Finesse on the phone? Or you're using Finesse on the desktop/browser but the phone physical display changes after something happens? What version of Finesse/UCCX are you using?

Bill - Quintin is assisting me in troubleshooting this.

UCCX 11.6(2)

We're using FIPPA on Extension Mobility with user device profiles.

FIPPA is currently functioning on the 7965 phones deployed in the rest of our locations, but we recently started upgrading to 8811 phones to support the upgrade to UCCX 12.5 that needs to happen in the next few months.

The issue is that after a ring no answer, the Running Application for FIPPA goes to the background and the user device profile home screen comes to the foreground.

Users can get back to the FIPPA status screen by hitting the gear button, then selecting Running Applications and selecting the One-Button primary server application - or by hitting the One Button Login - Primary Server button on the device profile home screen.

On the 7965 phones, the FIPPA application stays active regardless of phone behavior.

Out of curiosity, are these phones located at your site or are you using MRA for these? Also, is it only 8811 that don't work (i.e. like if you just did a test with a 8845 or 8851, do those have the same behavior?

My 8841 is acting the same when I set it up as a test.  We do not have any MRA setup to my knowledge - it's all on-prem. 

I should also add - we've got Web Access enabled on the phone, https mode set to http and https, the phones and profiles are in the CM FIPPA application user CTI controlled devices/profiles associations, and the device profiles are in the CTI controlled device profiles for the UCCX_RMJTAPI user (our local version of the RmCm user)

gpbox60
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like there might be an issue with the Finesse application or the integration between the 8811 phones and Finesse. Here are a few steps you might consider:

1. **Compatibility Check:** Confirm that the new 8811 phones are fully compatible with the Finesse system. It's possible that there might be compatibility issues causing this behavior.

2. **Firmware Update:** Ensure that the firmware on the new 8811 phones is up-to-date. Sometimes firmware issues can cause unexpected behavior.

3. **Configuration Verification:** Double-check the phone configurations, especially those related to the integration with Finesse. Verify that the settings match the recommended configurations for Finesse integration.

4. **Check Finesse Settings:** Review the Finesse settings or configurations that govern phone behavior and status display. There might be settings that need adjustment or specific settings for the 8811 phones.

5. **Contact Support:** Reach out to Cisco or the Finesse support team. They might have encountered similar issues and can provide specific guidance or solutions to address the problem.

6. **Logs and Debugging:** If possible, check the logs or debugging options on the Finesse server or the phones themselves. These logs might provide insights into what's causing the status screen to revert.

Given the specific integration between the phones and the Finesse system, a deeper dive into the configurations and potentially seeking guidance from support might be necessary to resolve this issue effectively.

Hi,

CTI controlled is how it should be.

I suggest you to try to rollback to a 12.x phone firmware version and note the behavior.

I saw the same issue about 3 years ago in a user migrating from 7942 to 88XX phones and he solved upgrading to 12.x firmware.

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

jmock
Level 1
Level 1

Quintin was able to assist with disabling one of the CCX timeout settings, and the other action taken to resolve was disabling the 'Actionable Incoming Call Alert' so that the display popup didn't happen.  We're functioning as expected with Finesse IP Phone Agent on the 88XX platform.