cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents and Jabber

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings oh Gods and Goddesses of the contact center !

I have a script that successfully queues calls to agents with physical phones.

When I add an agent with a Jabber softphone the wheels fall off.

If you watch the agent desktop you can see the agent state go from READY to NOT READY. The call never gets answered by the Jabber agent.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Puzzled

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, to be honest, it sounds like the CTI Port cannot reach the Jabber Directory Number.

Can you double check your CTI Port Group's CSS for which the call inbound lands on, and then whether or not the Jabber DN's partition is in that CSS?  There could be overlap causing T302 also.

If you felt comfortable doing so, you could post up your CUCM traces, and/or your MIVR logs for us to analyze.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this UCCE or UCCX?

Which version?

Is the Agent Desktop CAD or Finesse?

Have you checked the compatibility guides to ensure Jabber Softphone is a support Agent phone type?

Anthony Holloway

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies for not including everything.

This is UCCX.

The compatilibty guide says it supports Jabber softphone as a voice contact only, Which means to me it can answer queue calls.

And this is CAD.

Everything is a version 9.x. CCX is 9.0.2, CUCM 9.1, Cisco IM + Presence is also 9.x

I can make and receive calls from the agent desktop using Jabber, I just can't get it to answer a queue call. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

keith

Well, to be honest, it sounds like the CTI Port cannot reach the Jabber Directory Number.

Can you double check your CTI Port Group's CSS for which the call inbound lands on, and then whether or not the Jabber DN's partition is in that CSS?  There could be overlap causing T302 also.

If you felt comfortable doing so, you could post up your CUCM traces, and/or your MIVR logs for us to analyze.

Anthony Holloway

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

Bingo ..

It was a CSS issue. Thanks for the spot on suggestion. 

729767: Aug 08 07:17:17.807 CDT %MIVR-SS_RM-7-UNK:Processing msg: SessionCancelledMsg (Rsrc:10666/1 Cause:SESSION_CANCELLED_CAUSE_DEST_INVALID)

Keith

I was going to guess that right away, but then I thought: Why would he have Jabber DN's in a different partition than his desk phone DN's?  So, why do you?

Anthony Holloway

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

I did not do the CUCM config, so while I cannot explain why it was done the way it was let's say something was missing. 

Keith

Fair enough.  Thanks for the positive feedback and I'm happy we got your problem resolved.

Anthony Holloway

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

You're welcome. I fell victim to the "assume" principle and so the possibility of a partition/CSS thing never entered the realm of things to check. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: