cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents and Multiple queues resourcing

Ojasvi Bansal
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Contact Centre so please pardon my ignorance.

We have a customer running UCCX 8.0 (premium). They presently have two queues Queue 1 and Queue 2. The have 1 agent assigned to Q1 and approximately 50 agents for the Q2.

This is what they are doing at present:

When A1 from Q1 goes on break or vacation the calls go to A2. During this time if A2 gets a call from Q2, she presses the idivert button on the phone and the call goes back to Q2.

This is what they need

When A1 from Q1 goes on break and/or vacation, A2 should be able to answer the calls on Q1. During this time, they don't want A2 to answer call from Q2. One method is to create two logins for A2 and achieve this. Is there any other method kind of transparent to A2

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi OJ,

--> When A1 from Q1 goes on break or vacation the calls go to A2. During this time if A2 gets a call from Q2, she presses the idivert button on the phone and the call goes back to Q2.

GS - This is the proper behaviour

This is what they need

-->When A1 from Q1 goes on break and/or vacation, A2 should be able to answer the calls on Q1. During this time, they don't want A2 to answer call from Q2. One method is to create two logins for A2 and achieve this. Is there any other method kind of transparent to A2

GS - Ok - I'm not sure if you are using Resource Groups to answer calls from the CSQ or if you are using skill based resource selection.  In order to be able to answer calls from Q1, A2 needs to have the skills required by CSQ Q1 to be able to route to.  You can use this method:

CSQQ1 - SkillQ1

CSQQ2 - SkillQ2

A1 - SkillQ1

A2 - SkillQ2 and SkillQ1

** If you are using one scripot to handle both Queues then you wont be able to use the priority step to stop A2 from answering Q2 calls, so you will have to script it properly (i.e.: not to introduce Q2  until all Q1 calls are answered.)

If you are using resource groups to answer calls on the CSQs than you should change it to skill based Resouce Selection Criteria.

There are multiple ways to handle this issue, this is just one of them.  Hope this helps and that this is clear.

GS

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

giorgiosalsiri
Level 1
Level 1

It really depends how you the contact center setup. Are you using multiple scripts to handle the calls for q1 and q2? How is the agent selection criteria setup for the CSQ? Can you give a few more details on your setup?

Thanks,
GS

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello GS,

Thanks for your response.

Both the queues are handled by 1 script. The agents are selected based on round robin (longest idle first). The customer doesn't want to change this behaviour.

Thanks again

OJ Bansal

You can use Get reporting step to check if there is any agents currently logged into Q1 and if not redirect the calls to Q2 with higher priority. You can also use most skilled algorithm for Q1 and make the primary agent have highest competency level and all other agent lower competency so the call will simply overflow to them, then you can check if that one agent is logged in and if not  prioritize Q1 calls over Q2.

HTH,

Chris

If I prioritize Q1 calls for Agent 2 and if Agent 2 is not on an active call from Q1, would she not get calls from Q2?

The customer doesn't want to change how Q2 is configured.

If the agent is assigned to both skills (CSQs) then she will get calls from both, but if multiple calls are queued Q1 calls will be presented to her first.

Chris

Hi OJ,

--> When A1 from Q1 goes on break or vacation the calls go to A2. During this time if A2 gets a call from Q2, she presses the idivert button on the phone and the call goes back to Q2.

GS - This is the proper behaviour

This is what they need

-->When A1 from Q1 goes on break and/or vacation, A2 should be able to answer the calls on Q1. During this time, they don't want A2 to answer call from Q2. One method is to create two logins for A2 and achieve this. Is there any other method kind of transparent to A2

GS - Ok - I'm not sure if you are using Resource Groups to answer calls from the CSQ or if you are using skill based resource selection.  In order to be able to answer calls from Q1, A2 needs to have the skills required by CSQ Q1 to be able to route to.  You can use this method:

CSQQ1 - SkillQ1

CSQQ2 - SkillQ2

A1 - SkillQ1

A2 - SkillQ2 and SkillQ1

** If you are using one scripot to handle both Queues then you wont be able to use the priority step to stop A2 from answering Q2 calls, so you will have to script it properly (i.e.: not to introduce Q2  until all Q1 calls are answered.)

If you are using resource groups to answer calls on the CSQs than you should change it to skill based Resouce Selection Criteria.

There are multiple ways to handle this issue, this is just one of them.  Hope this helps and that this is clear.

GS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: