cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative to ewt

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I currently use either ewt or the actual formula for different scripts , I not fond of using this due to the testing 

We use ucce 

They require scripts based around if calls are greater the 600 then play message 1 cut off then it checks again for if call is more 240 play message 2 if less play message 3. The testing with the end user can be time consuming, does anyone have alternative suggestions - number of callers holding, calls in queue , time in queue

Thanks 

7 Replies 7

Unfortunately there is no way to generate a fake EWT and the other metrics you mentioned are NOT EWT, so it really depends on what the customer wants the flow to be. What I'm most curious about is why are you testing this so much? In theory this should all be dynamic which means if you test 1 you test them all.

david

Thanks for your reply 

Alternative - what  I mean is does anyone use any other method instead of ewt - I know some engineers try to get customers away from using ewt and so do you use other options - number of calls waiting as an example

Testing- I rather get the customer to fully the script in full. If you have several ewt calculations in a single script does UCCE calculate each ewt in turn

My other question 

So ewt 1 less then 600secs if so then check ewt 2 for less then 240secs on the same script , how many ewt can you have in a single script?

Call A enters a script, call A is less then ewt 600, call A plays moh and queues then the same call is checked against a different ewt of less then 240sec. Is ewt checked only once when a call initially hits a script or does it checked at any time there is a ewt step in a single script 

Keep in mind the EWT is whatever value you want it to be/whatever calculation you want to use.

So you could have 3 different EWT calculations right in a row, in an effort to determine which one is most accurate/which one best meets your business needs, test against it, and then get rid of the other two after you're done your testing.

As far as your last point, I <think> what you're asking is does EWT take into account how long the call has already waited, and in what you described it doesn't.

However, you could do something, if you needed this for some reason, like store the original EWT and then compare it against how long the call has been in queue and subtract.

However, why do that? If you have things like calls increasing in priority for whatever reason, etc., playing an absolute EWT to a caller can be risky. Better to not provide an EWT or to provide a range. Just my $.02.

Thanks  for reply 

The customer I have wants to calculate ewt a number of times in the same script - it is they are use to doing this and so I'm trying think of better ways

Call A in script 

Check ewt 1 if greater then 600sec play wav 1

If less then 600 sec continue 

Then check ewt 2 if same call has ewt of less then 240 plays wav 2 if more play wav 3

After playing wav 2 or 3 call is queued and the process if repeated 

Any different ways of writing the script to give the same result? 

After the initial check, for your subsequent checks you'd likely want to compare between the EWT and how long that call has been in queue so that you play the right message. Again, definitely some risks in doing this "countdown" type approach, but as long as you store the original EWT in a variable, you could always compare it against how long that call has been in queue.

Hi bill

Thanks for your reply with regards to "how long in a Q" - what "step, Node" do I use in icm editor

Thanks 

It depends on what you're using (Skill Group, PQ, Call Type, etc.), but for most of them, in an IF or Set Variable node, you'll have the option for a value like TimeInQueue.