cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative to soft phone, jabber

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We want to use soft phone and normal in favour of ip communicator as it looks the same as a desk phone. At the moment we are using jabber as well. Is there an alternative people use, I know ipblue has been suggested, is there others

Thanks 

7 Replies 7

garry.engle
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber soft phones are working great for us. Are you getting bad audio?

Also note that support for IP Communicator has been extended by Cisco recently. End of support I believe is now a few years off. I have been a big fan of IPC in the past and find it a shame that they still plan to get rid of it as an option.

The issue is lack of extension mobility as mentioned. We have users in the office or did have. using 88xx series phone with an acd DN via a UDP but at the moment they use IPC so to log on remotely via vpn however at some point it will be eol and so looking for alternatives. Yes we can use jabber but what happens if they want to use a desk phone. If we could configure the acd DN on jabber so they can use it in softphone mode for remote working what happens if they choose "use my phone" does the acd DN need to be configured on the phone as well. If it does the ucce causes an issue as ucce only works with dn on one phone.

Regards 

IP Communicator is now going to be supported for more than 2 more years. Here's the updated notice.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/eol-notice-c51-740383.html

We currently use 88XX phones in the office with an agent line and each Agent has a separate personal line.

For emergency purposes and a work at home option, we provide a separate acd line on their jabber softphone and use their same office hard phone DN personal line or sometimes a new one for a personal DN. When the agent is in the office they choose use my phone for calls on jabber and they log into finesse with their acd line at the office. If they are working from home they use computer for calls and log into finesse with their jabber acd line.

Or another option is to provide MRA ability and let the agents take their desk phone home and login from their home internet. Set up your expressways to have enough talk paths to support this. Count on three talk paths for any agent line that’s recorded.

I hope this helps and you can test it out and see how it goes.

We  use a second acd DN on the emergency jabber as we but I rather try to make it simply for users also we would need to double up the DN's in our voice recorder both the desk DN and jabber DN

Keep in mind though that using MRA phones at home do mean that you lose some contact center functionality with CCE.