Views
Helpful
Replies

AMA Forum- Design deployment and troubleshooting Cisco finesse in UCCX

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask Me Anything Forum

Architecture, design deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco finesse in Unified Contact Center Express

Cisco Finesse is a next-generation agent and supervisor desktop designed to provide a collaborative experience for the various communities that interact with your customer service organization. It also helps improve the customer experience while offering a user-centric design to enhance customer care representative satisfaction. Join our experts in the Ask Me Anything session to help you to unfold the secrets of Cisco Finesse functionalities, customizations and troubleshooting tips.

To participate in this event, please use the reply.jpg button below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Wednesday, April 27 to Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Our experts

photo_stabasum.jpgSabiya Tabasum is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia Pacific time zone. She has been associated with UCCX TAC and worked Finesse Deployments, BOSH and XMPP connectivity and Cisco Finesse Gadgets & Finesse JavaScript Library API its association with UCCX and troubleshooting and remediating finesse issues for customers. She is deeply involved in working on the Frontend development and works on JavaScript and CSS. She holds a Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology. She holds the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and DevNet certifications.

photo_andewedi.pngAnupam Dewedi is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia Pacific time zone. He has around 5 years of Cisco Unified Collaboration experience. He is currently associated with UCCX TAC and has previously been part of Multiservice TAC Team. His skills include vast understanding of Cisco Collaboration Suite. He is working closely on Cisco Finesse with the design, integrations, and customizations. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications

For more information please visit; Collaboration / Contact Center sub-category.

* This event is free and open to all audiences, including business partners, network and telecommunications engineers, students, and Cisco customers.

37 Replies 37

Filip.Olsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

Sometimes i find the documentation very vague in the admin guides ( 12.5 ) ... maybe you can sort it out for me.

Issue : Supervisor not able to view the agents call history in team - the option under action "...." is not there.

ive tried to insert the 

<config key="showAgentHistoryGadgets" value="true"/> under team layouts

and under manage-team is this :

<gadget id="team-performance">/desktop/scripts/js/teamPerformance.js</gadget>

What am i missing ?

Thanks

@Filip.Olsen Thanks for raising your concern. I have attached a screenshot of a Supervisor Finesse View for Team Performance monitoring. 

I am also attaching the xml layout for the Team Performance Gadget here for your reference as well in a text file. 

Please add this xml to the team layout from the finesse administration page. (Steps mentioned)

1. Login to Finesse Admin 

2. Navigate to Team Resources

3. Select the Team 

4. Expand the Desktop Layout and add the attached xml layout and save it. 

Let me know if the attached xml layout helps you fix the issue. 

Kind Regards!

Hi Anupam

Thanks for quick response

Im getting this error : invalidManagedByAttrs

HTTP Status code: 400 (Bad Request)
Api Error Type: Invalid Input
Error Message: No gadget with ID [supervisorMultiTabGadgetContainer] found for a managed gadget. The value of gadget attribute managedBy and tabManagedBy should be a valid ID of another gadget in the layout, for the same user role.

@Filip.Olsen can you please attach your desktop layout being used in this thread. 

Also, have you tried using the default Desktop Layout ? Does it shows the same error ?

Hi Anupam

Im using a test layout - but it seems if i use your 2 teamgadgets and not applying this :

<gadget default="true" id="team-performance" managedBy="supervisorMultiTabGadgetContainer" maxRows="15">/desktop/scripts/js/teamPerformance.js</gadget>

It works - im able to get the  History under the agent option , but i left the standard <gadget id="team-performance">/desktop/scripts/js/teamPerformance.js</gadget> there.

Ive also tried to update the default layout with same error.

Ive attached the layout :

Thanks

@Filip.Olsen Thanks for sharing that. I tested your attached layout in my lab and can confirm it to be working fine in my lab's. (Screenshot attached).

The shared layout earlier by me did not work as you were not using multi-tabs on gadgets. Hence removing them acquired the existing layout.  (Multi-Tab gadget layout screenshot attached for reference)

I have attached a default layout from my lab's (which works fine as well) for you to test and confirm if the issue still persists. 

Hope this helps

Regards!

Hi Anupam

Your layout works as well.

Thanks for sorting it out for us - this is a great way of connecting the customers directly with Cisco - Keep it up

ColeMaker18
Level 1
Level 1

Hello and thank you for conducting this AMA. 

I recently upgraded from UCCX 10.6 to UCCX 12.5(1)SU1 and moved from IPPA to FIPPA (agent functionality on the phone only), using Cisco 8851 phones.  With the 12.5(1)SU1 the overlay for an incoming call removes the soft buttons for transfer, end, hold, etc and it's been a bit frustrating for some of our agents.  I have directed them to use the dedicated transfer, hold, etc buttons but they are creatures of habit and some of them don't like this solution.

I have opened a TAC case and they referred me to a bug that pops up the overlay within 1 second of an incoming call and it cannot be removed.  Agents cannot see the incoming call information and although I have setup layouts for to include callingnumber digits, the display is rather small and ugly, imho.   Not as nice as what the 8851s are capable of on the big colour displays. 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo28299

There is a feature request for this to be removed, but no word on if/when it will get addressed.

Will you be providing more customization for the FIPPA features?  I found the overlay and limited features to be a step back from v10.6 and IPPA.  Simple features like the soft buttons on the phones have been taken away and it's not user friendly.

I am looking into providing the Web GUI for our agents but that will require a lot of work, testing, and approvals.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: