cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

An "elegant" way to purge machine-services tables in UCCE 11.6???

mkeutzer
Level 1
Level 1

Lab/classroom 11.6 environment.   11.6 UCCE Web admin now shows a PCCE-like "Inventory" screen in the deployment section - presumably a reflection of the machine-services tables.  The interface allows for the deletion/rediscovery of some devices, but will not allow you to delete certain device types (Live Data for example).  Somehow along the way I've ended up with a Live Data entry now labeled "UNKNOWN" in these tables that referenced a previously attempted Live Data integration which I'd like to get rid of.

Any "elegant" way to delete these entries from the tables, or purge the machine service tables of all entries??

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

mkeutzer
Level 1
Level 1

While we're on the subject, what happened to Schema Help in the ICM Admin Tools Folder.....????...!

OK, here's an answer.  Not super elegant, probably not supported, but it worked.  Changed the Machine Type in the Machine_Host table to something other than Live Data and was able to delete it from the Web Admin page.

Of course, I had to reference the online version of Schema Help to find out which field to change...

No more fearing the UNKNOWN entries in the Machine Services tables...

My friend "UNKNOWN" is back, automagically self configured.  Seems this may be related to my problems getting Live Data 11.6 to work.  Starting a new thread on the subject - may or may not be related.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: