cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API choice - can Finesse be used for that?

Dmitry 2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a client who uses Cisco Voip system (CCX and CUCM), both of which (as well as all components) are at version 10.6.

They want us to create integrated interface which will be able to manage their calls routing, users (online/offline) and as well as integrations with multitude of other softwares all on the same page.

It seems like Finesse is a use case for that, however from description it seems it is a desktop (browser based) client while they use (and presumably accustomed to) physical phones they have now

Can you please lead me in proper direction what to present to a client as an options:

1) To move all communication to agent desktops instead of phone and use Finesse desktop client, where we can render all functionality as a widgets

2) If they need frontend control with physical phones and don't want to migrate to desktop client - then we need to use, seemingly much more complicated AXL XML/SOAP API (https://developer.cisco.com/site/axl/

Are my assumptions correct or is it possible to use nice Finesse API to manage users, route/make calls with Finesse API without desktop client and using existing infrastructure? (CCX and CUCM)

Thank you in advance for reply!

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dmitry,

I think you had opened a support ticket with the same question. I had replied to it last week, but maybe you didn't get the reply?

Here was my reply:

Hi Dmitry,

The Finesse desktop client is built to be an all in one application where you can integrate other applications into the desktop for an all in one experience. So, that would be the best option.

If they are stuck on doing everything on their phone, then yes, you will need to go with option #2 and might need to integrate directly to CCX for the user stuff.

Another option is to use the Finesse REST APIs directly and build a standalone application that integrates everything together. Or, integrate Finesse into an existing application using the same APIs.

In Finesse 11.0, Finesse added the IP Phone Agent service (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1101/admin/guide/CFIN_BK_C993E181_00_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-1101/CFIN_BK_C993E181_00_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-1101_chapter_010000.ht...). It doesn't allow other applications to be integrated with it itself. As you probably know since you mentioned #2 below, you can create other services for the other integrations they are requested. The IP Phone agent has state change and call information. I am not sure if that is sufficient for the client. (This will require an upgrade as well)

Does that give you the information you are looking for?

Thanx,

Denise