Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Creation and Trigger Failure

Everything was going just fine, in Version 8.6 UCCX running a debug.  Then suddlenly for no apparent reason, the Application failed no matter what script I attached to it.  Everytime you called the Trigger you got the default system error.  Again, understand all this was working just fine for several days of debugging.   So after syncing data, resetting trigger I deleted the Trigger and recreated it.  No dice.  I then deleted the Application and recreated it and then tried to add the Trigger and fails to add the Trigger?  So now I have confused myself to the point of not remembering if I create the Trigger in UCCX or Do I create the Routepoint in CUCM first, then add the trigger.  Or does the Trigger create the RoutePoint?   Duh...  - HM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Haha, I like the Duh at the end.

UCCX uses the AXL account you gave it to dynamically build CTI Route Points and CTI Ports on CUCM.  So, the answer is, you create the Trigger in UCCX, and do not touch the CUCM for CTI RP configurations.

Sometimes the CUCM config can become out of sync with what UCCX "thinks" it should be, and a quick way to fix it, is to delete the remnence of the trigger (the CTI RP and the DN) from CUCM manually, then run a data resync on UCCX to have UCCX rebuild it.

In the event that the opposite is true: Trigger is missing from UCCX but exists within CUCM, then you need to still delete it from CUCM manually, then rebuild it from within UCCX after you've cleaned up CUCM.

Hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Haha, I like the Duh at the end.

UCCX uses the AXL account you gave it to dynamically build CTI Route Points and CTI Ports on CUCM.  So, the answer is, you create the Trigger in UCCX, and do not touch the CUCM for CTI RP configurations.

Sometimes the CUCM config can become out of sync with what UCCX "thinks" it should be, and a quick way to fix it, is to delete the remnence of the trigger (the CTI RP and the DN) from CUCM manually, then run a data resync on UCCX to have UCCX rebuild it.

In the event that the opposite is true: Trigger is missing from UCCX but exists within CUCM, then you need to still delete it from CUCM manually, then rebuild it from within UCCX after you've cleaned up CUCM.

Hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.