Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge and intercept in Supervisor view

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

This is really a 2 part question.

1. Can I have supervisor view installed on Terminal Services and will all functionality work?

2. I have it on my machine locally now and am logged into a CAD agent locally with a user ID attached to a PHONE. Then I am logged into the Supervisor View as a Supervisor login. My start voice monitoring lights up when I select a agent in the veiw but the Barge and Intercept buttons do not. I am wondering how do I set up so the supervisor can barge in or intercept the call and what is the difference between the 2?

3. Okay a third question To do Voice monitoring with it do I need to span a port? I do not hear play back? Would I get play back over the phone ? Or my speakers on my PC ?

Thank you!

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Always remember to post if this is for UCCX or UCCE.  Answers may vary depending on environment.

DavidPeter wrote:

1. Can I have supervisor view installed on Terminal Services and will all functionality work?

Yes, but it depends no the version of UCCX, and the version of the terminal server.  See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps427/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

DavidPeter wrote:

2. I have it on my machine locally now and am logged into a CAD agent locally with a user ID attached to a PHONE. Then I am logged into the Supervisor View as a Supervisor login. My start voice monitoring lights up when I select a agent in the veiw but the Barge and Intercept buttons do not. I am wondering how do I set up so the supervisor can barge in or intercept the call and what is the difference between the 2?

Are you logging in with different user ID's?  If so, I think that's your problem.  The login must be the same.  Also, if you didn't know, logging into the two applications with different names, even from the same workstation, uses two licenses.

DavidPeter wrote:

3. Okay a third question To do Voice monitoring with it do I need to span a port? I do not hear play back? Would I get play back over the phone ? Or my speakers on my PC ?

The easiest way to setup mon/rec in UCCX is to use Desktop Recording.  It's almost turned all the way on by default, but does require you to:

• Pick a default recording server in CDA
  • Enable Span to PC on the phone
  • Disable the Advertise G722 codec on the phone
  • Daisy chain the Agent phone to the Agent PC

The supervisor phone does not need any of that to listen, only if the sup is also to be mon/rec'd.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Always remember to post if this is for UCCX or UCCE.  Answers may vary depending on environment.

DavidPeter wrote:

Yes, but it depends no the version of UCCX, and the version of the terminal server.  See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps427/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

DavidPeter wrote:

Are you logging in with different user ID's?  If so, I think that's your problem.  The login must be the same.  Also, if you didn't know, logging into the two applications with different names, even from the same workstation, uses two licenses.

DavidPeter wrote:

The easiest way to setup mon/rec in UCCX is to use Desktop Recording.  It's almost turned all the way on by default, but does require you to:

• Pick a default recording server in CDA
  • Enable Span to PC on the phone
  • Disable the Advertise G722 codec on the phone
  • Daisy chain the Agent phone to the Agent PC

The supervisor phone does not need any of that to listen, only if the sup is also to be mon/rec'd.