Views
Helpful
Replies

BaseLinePrompt Script won't write to EN_AU directory

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am using the base line BaseLinePrompt Script from the script repository to record my system prompts. The issue is that I am unable to write the new recordings to the en_AU directory even though the recordings that came with the script have been copied to this directory and successfully play back.

I have successfully copied the prompts for the script announcements into the EN_AU directory and updated the directory string to reflect "Prompts\user\en_AU\"

I have also found the write section and updated the language to L[en_AU] but still no joy.

The strange thing is when I select to playback my newly recorded prompt it works, I would suspect it to fail as im pointing to the en_AU folder.

Also on a side note should I be updating these paths to reflect UNIX based directory access since this is from a CCX 7 Source?

I have attached the script I have been using, please note this is the original but where i could find en_US it has been changed to en_AU with a script and trigger refresh.

Any assistance would be great, thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Based on the fact that I've been working this past week with scripts supporting multiple languages, I've learned some stuff I can pass on.

If you record things, by default they will go into the default language directory of the system.  I'd bet that they are landing in the en directory instead of the en_AU directory.  This is controlled by a parameter in the system parameters on your system.

Also, you might check to see what language your trigger is set to.  This will actually carry through into script during exeuction, though you can alter it if you need/want to.

You indicated that you found and modified the value in the upload prompt statement.  I see in what you uploaded that it's still set to en_US for the language.  You might want to validate what your system is doing by debugging it and halting/checking the values when it gets to the upload point...and for that matter, making sure it does successfully upload.  You need to add a delay after successful and unsuccessful upload steps so you'll be able to see which branch it follows.

While you're testing things, you could immediagely put a playback step in to allow your script to play the new prompt back to you based on the prompt name/language.

Cliff