Views
Helpful
Replies

BE 6K Types

Ajeya Shetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Any one please help me to understand more about BE 6K.

1. Does BE 6K comes with pre-installed CUCM, Unity or anything ?
  2. What is so different about this hardware ?
  3. Is the application version of BE 6K is different than that we install it in UCS ?
  4. If not the pre-installed applications, does that come with pre-installed OVA template ?
  5. Does it come with pre-insatlled ESXI ?
  6. If the requirement is of 2000 users, can we install two different BE 6K and implement the cluster model, publisher and subscriber ?
  7. In the same BE 6K, can we install two instances of CUCM and make it Publisher and Subscriber ? If yes, Will that support 2k users ?

This product is confusing me a lot. Hence Please help me with the questions.

Regards,

Ajey Shetty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. The ISO is pre loaded but you still need to install the software

2.  It is on an optimized hardware for less than 1000 users set at a price point optimal for the mid market

3. No it is the same

4. The applications are loaded on the HDD, you can then start the installation process

5. It does come with a free HYP license which has restrictions on what it can be used for

Unified Communications VMware Requirements - DocWiki

6. No you cannot.  You can have 1000 users on one and 1000 on the other and have two separate clusters

7. no once again 1000 is what the server was tested for. Anything else is not tac supported.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. The ISO is pre loaded but you still need to install the software

2.  It is on an optimized hardware for less than 1000 users set at a price point optimal for the mid market

3. No it is the same

4. The applications are loaded on the HDD, you can then start the installation process

5. It does come with a free HYP license which has restrictions on what it can be used for

Unified Communications VMware Requirements - DocWiki

6. No you cannot.  You can have 1000 users on one and 1000 on the other and have two separate clusters

7. no once again 1000 is what the server was tested for. Anything else is not tac supported.

Thank you so much that is it .

Ajeya Shetty
Level 1
Level 1

One more question

Suppose we have 4 subscriber and we group it. Now the hardware has the capability of more call processing. Cant we have more users in this case?

The logic of clustering doesn't hold good if it is deployed in BE 6K ?

If it is only 1k Users no matter how many subscribers we have, is it working more like active standby model ?

The BE6K model implies you are working in a mid market opportunity which is 1000 users or less. It is meant to be a simple design with 1000 users or less. If you want more scalability why wouldn't you just sell a regular uc on ucs server like be7k? then you can scale anyway you want and would need lesser servers anyway. If you stay within the 1000 template you could cluster many be6k servers but what if you lose multiple servers then there is a potential to overload the server. The hardware was tested with 4+ 1 app each with specific limits on scalability. If you start growing the cluster, you could potentially overload the server by putting more devices than the server can handle. be6k was meant to a be a combined licensing hardware solution focused on mid market optimally in the 300 to 500 user range. Remember if users start having multiple devices then you could run into issues. The md server can do 1200 devices and the hd can do 2500 but both are capped at 1000 users.

Thank you so much for your response.

If in case I have  two C 210, with CUCM publisher and subscriber hosted in 2 different server. Now if i need a 3rd subscriber, can I use BE 6k ?

Yes you can but you cannot over subscribe the ova template

The be6k has restrictions on the templates so you need to ensure during server failure you aren't pointing more devices than what that server can handle

Thanks

Srini

Thank you for all your patience. This conversation has been very helpful for me.

Thanks

Ajey