cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Behavior? Bug or working as designed?

d.gavin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if the following behavior is a "bug" or "working as designed"?

And if it is "working as designed", should it be considered for a fix?

UCCX 7.x or 8.x

For both scenarios listed below the Agent has a single extension that is both their agent and their DID(direct) extension.

Scenario1 - Agent receives call through UCCX/Queue.

Agent is in "Ready" State. After receiveing the queue call, and while remaining in "talking" state, agent selects Not Ready, then selects reason code, and after termination of the call is placed into Not Ready state.

Scenario 2 - Agent receives a direct call to extension  (not via UCCX/Queue).

Agent is in "Ready" state.  Agent receives direct call and is placed in "Not Ready" state (rather than "Talking"),  while talking to the person, the agent selects "Not Ready" state, then selects reason code, but, after termination of the call the agent is put back into "Ready" state, rather than remaining in "Not Ready".

The biggest differentiantion is that in the 1st scenario the agent is placed in "Talking", while in the 2nd scenario the agent is placed in "Not Ready".

[FYI: This has always bothered me]

So basicly an agent cannot cahnge their state to "Not Ready" on an Inbound non-queue call.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it's both: a defect and design.  It just depends on if you like it, or hate it, I suppose.

The Automatic Available setting should be setting the user to Ready regardless of how the call originated.  Let's take a look at the documentation:

Automatic Available:

Accept the default (Enabled) to automatically put the agent into the Available or Ready state after the agent finishes a call and disconnects.

Note        When a logged on agent in Ready, Not Ready, or Work state answers a call, the agent's state is subject to the Automatic Available setting.

Notice that it says: "...in Ready, Not Ready, or Work state answers a call..."

We know that an Agent can only take a Queue call when in the Ready state, therefore this passage must be referring to Queue calls as well as direct calls.

Let's now look at the CAD End User Guide documentation:

If you receive a non-ACD call, you are automatically put in the Not Ready state, and then returned to your previous state after the call ends.

So now we can see why an Agent in the Ready state, who takes a direct call, gets put back into the Ready state.  It was the state they were in when they took the call.  I would imagine if you were in a Work state, took a direct call, went Not Ready during the call, you would be placed back into Work state at the end of the call.  But I don't know for sure.

Sorry I don't have a real answer for you, but I felt like commenting just so your post had at least 1 reply.