Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Center department voicemail challenges

smellring
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - 

We are having an issue with one of our Call Center departments voicemail using UCCX (11.6(2)) scripting, Finesse Administration (11.6(2)) , CUC (11.5) and CUCM (11.5).

The scenario plays out like this:

During business hours, calls go to our tier 1 team

IF busy or no answer, transfers to our tier 2 team members that are logged on to Finesse

IF no one from tier 2 team answers or all are busy, then calls all phones where logged on to Finesse or not

IF still no answer, then goes to voicemail

This was working, however, now it is not.  What occurs is that the phone will ring several times and just hang up OR ring several times and then play a message of "the call can’t be completed as dialed. Please hang up and try again." and then hangs up the connection.

I was not the one that created this setup so, I did go through ALL the configurations from UCCX, CUC, and CUCM.  Did not find anything had changed, including the script.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great appreciated!

8 Replies 8

What phone will ring? Your explanation is a big confusing. Are you using queues or are you sending the call to hunt groups and queues? Is the issue only when you send the call to VM or other places too?

david

Hi David,

The tier1 help desk phone will ring when a customer calls the main number.

IF all tier1 help desk personnel are either busy or not answering, then it goes via hunt group to our tier2 group.

IF no one from tier2 answers the call it is sent to VM.

None of our other Call Centers are reposting this issue.

Hopefully, I have clarified it better.

It helped a bit, but not 100% clear yet. So it sounds like you're not using skills and just hunt groups, right? Does the issue happen on all hunt groups or just VM?

david

Well, we have hunt groups as well as user skills in UCCX, however, they are static (i.e. everyone is a 5).  The issue is only occurring (to the best of my knowledge) to VM.

When you call the VM directly, not through UCCX, what happens? Try it from an your phone and an agent phone.

david

Receiving the following from both phone: "Call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please consult your directory and call again or ask your operator for assistance."

Weird as nothing has been removed or change by me as this occurred when I went on vacation.

Something changed or broke. Sounds like there's a configuration issue with that VM. Fix that and you should be good to go. Maybe a Unity issue, I would put money on that being the issue.

david

Yes, that is what I am looking at now.  Thank you!