Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding Script in UCCX

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi   friends !

I need call forwarding Script in UCCX environment, bellow i mention my  requirement,

please guide how to do this.   Management number (8000) dial the IVR then press 1 to enable call  forward then enter the number to forward. when other callers are dialing  IVR number, if the call forward is enable calls should be forward to  entered number by Management. also management should be able to  deactivate call forwarding by pressing 0. I have developed a script for  this, i noticed that all the variables are getting reset after one  caller terminate from the IVR, this means when manager set the call  forwarding state to 1, it stores in fwd_state variable but its getting  reset after manager (8000) exit from the script, why is this? I need to  store the values in variable permanently for all callers please guide to  do this.   I have attached the script which i made.

Please help to do this

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Variables are unique to the session and each triggering contact (i.e. caller) generates a new session. You'll need to store the current state to an XML file in the Doc Repo, a SQL database, or an external HTTP interface (e.g. REST or SOAP API). The script will need to query this external source each time it is executed to find out the current state. Note that even if you create a session with a known identifier (this allows you to query it for each new execution of the script), the session is cleared from memory after 30 minutes of inactivity. As such, storing the current state within the MIVR engine is not reliable enough to be practical.

Cisco has posted some scripting examples that you can use as a guideline.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.