cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager CTI Route Point Call Forward Failure

kris.kichan
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup the Call Manager and the UCCX for the demo and configured the CTI Route point in both the UCCX and CM. I've found that there is a issue happened.

For example, I set the maximum no. of sessions to be 2 for the CTI Route Point and tried to assign the call forward no. () to that Directory Number (DN) of the CTI Route Point. Unfortunately, the call forward are failed that only busy tone can be heard. Thus, is there anyone know the issue for this case?

Moreover, how can I acheive the busy call forward of the CTI Route point if the maximum no. of the session for that CTI Route Point reached?

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, that might be a bit tricky. CTI Route Points (CTI RP's) are not real endpoints, they just sort of forward the call to a real endpoint (a CTI port, an agent phone etc). So making a CTI Route Point busy is kind of difficult if the UCCX part is correctly set up and functional, a CTI RP will never be busy, it'll always just take the call, and do whatever the UCCX is configured to do. So effectively, a Call Forward Busy (CFB) or Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) will never work.

The maximum number of sessions on the UCCX application configuration page means the maximum number of parallel sessions that can be run for any reason. This is a hard limit and if it is reached, the application will try to run the script set as the "Default script".

It's usually not a good idea to configure a CTI RP - or, as seen from the UCCX, a trigger - outside of UCCX. If you change something in UCCX to the trigger, it will overwrite the corresponding CTI Route Point in CUCM.

You can use the CFB or CFNA setting in CUCM to handle exceptional situations, for instance, the UCCX goes down and the CTI RP becomes unreachable. But again, this is an exceptional situation, not something for everyday use.

G.

Hi Ger,

The reason for doing this is that I would like to setup hotline for agents in call centre and thus CTI RP is necessary. According to the reply from above, does it mean that the suggestion I raise is not feasible for all the circumstance?

Kris

Hi,

I might be a bit slow (Monday morning) but I can't really understand your suggestion. Can you please tell me in your own words, what you are trying to achieve. What I understood was you have a hotline with agents and you need to handle a special circumstance (all agents busy? UCCX goes down?) - what is it?

Thanks.

G.

Hi Ger,

Let me elaborate those points from above. There is a existing hotline with maximum sessions no. equivalent to 3. We've found that there will be a busy tone heard for the 4th dialing call (The first 3 calls are queued in UCCX script) since that call is unable to execute the script in UCCX. We'd like to see if we can forward the busy call to another destination and thus we assign the no. in the column of Forward Busy Internal / External for that Directory No. in Call Manager but it seems that it is not feasible.

Hope that it will be clear for you to understand this situation. Thank you.

Kris

Hi,

yes, that's clear.

What you need to do: create a simple script that only accepts the call and redirects it to a desired destination. Save this script into the script repository of UCCX as usual. At the application page of your hotilne, choose this new script as the default script. Set the maximum number of sessions at this page to 3. Thus if the fourth call comes in - which is past the maximum number of sessions threshold -, the default script is run and it redirects the call to any destination configured within that script.

G.