cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording solution or call recording from call ringing to disconnection.

Arjun Kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Hope all are doing great,

We need information and configuration details on call recording solution from call Ringing to call disconnection in contact center environment. We are using third party recording system for all call recording but calls are recording only for real connected calls, not for ringing calls. So kindly help us with configuration details and suggestion as much as.

Thank you for valued support.

2 Replies 2

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Arjun.

I'm assuming that you're recording using the BiB. That actually uses media forking from the phone (it's actually initiated from call manager on behalf of the phone) so would only capture audio for connected calls after the RTP is terminated to the phone. There are some gateway-level recording options, but it's a bit outside of my wheelhouse. I'd start there though.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The dial-peer recording provided by CUBE is your best bet using Cisco tools.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-sip-recording.html

Having configured this once, I don’t recall recording starting until after the 200 OK / ACK (ie call connection). I no longer have access to that customer environment to verify for you though. Also, support for this by recording vendors is not universal or feature-parity to CUCM BIB-based recording so be careful to qualify this approach with the vendor.