cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Redirect Script

rgomez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a queue that runs from 8:30AM to 7:00PM on Fridays. In the script, is there a way to modify this, so that, if a customer calls into this group after 7pm the call is redirected to another 800# ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello-

Yes it would. If you add a Set step to the Partial branch of your Time of Day step, you can assign the variable for reference later.

Within the Queued branch of the Select Resource step, you would use an If step (or possibly Match step if you have multiple cases). Within the true branch, or partial branch for the Match step, you can add a Call Redirect step to transfer the call elsewhere.

Lastly, if you want this call to be considered handled (as opposed to being marked abandoned), be sure to add a Set Contact Info step to mark the contact as handled. If you don't, the call will be considered abandoned because it was not connected with a resource.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

This is fairly simple. Just use the Day of Week and Time of Day steps, set the appropriate times and the set the call redirect on the appropriate branch.

I normally define two call treatments "Open for Business" and "Closed for Business" and use GoTO steps in the appropriate places to direct calls to these destinations.

Currently I have added to my Day of Week and Time of Day a line that is called Partial (hours are 7pm to 9pm)

in the queuing script, I have a line that reads if (status == "Partial") Then

true

Call re-direct 800#

Would something like this work? Can you enter the 800 directly in the redirct command?

Hello-

Yes it would. If you add a Set step to the Partial branch of your Time of Day step, you can assign the variable for reference later.

Within the Queued branch of the Select Resource step, you would use an If step (or possibly Match step if you have multiple cases). Within the true branch, or partial branch for the Match step, you can add a Call Redirect step to transfer the call elsewhere.

Lastly, if you want this call to be considered handled (as opposed to being marked abandoned), be sure to add a Set Contact Info step to mark the contact as handled. If you don't, the call will be considered abandoned because it was not connected with a resource.

Fantasic information> I was able to get the calls on this past Friday re-routing the the 800# I needed. Thank you for the information and guidance.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: