cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call video via UCCX

Yuri Asa
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who has a PBX system that they want to integrate with our system. They want the user to be able to call and receive a video of the agent.

1/ If the calls don't through UCCX system(only CUCM) : External -> Cisco Voice Gateway -> Routing To device Jabber on CUCM-> Jabber : Video working.
2/ If the calls through UCCX system: External -> Cisco Voice Gateway -> SIP To CUCM Backbone -> CCX Routing Point -> Agent: Video not working.

Has anyone done this or gotten it to work? Do we maybe have the wrong approach? Our end goal is to have video calls with helpdesk agents that route through CCX.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This should work; CCX does not proxy calls once connected to an agent. Take a look at the re-INVITE when the agent answers: what new SDP is offered (video?) and answered by the far end? If the IPv4 address in the offer is not the agent’s endpoint you have an MTP/transcoder involved in the call path that shouldn’t be there.

Hi Jonathan,

External sends INVITE with codec h264 when the call trigger UCCX, but UCCX replies with codec h261. I use CUCM version 11.5.1.10000-6 and UCCX version 11.6.2.10000-38.

Thank you, Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

I update the image SIP packet.

YuriAsa_1-1687920849508.png

Thank you, Jonathan.

Ignore the H.261 from CCX; it doesn't support video. Looking at the ladder diagram in that screenshot, the re-INVITE at 9:34:03 appears to be G.711 and H.264. Is that the agent phone answering? If yes is that renegotiation completed end-to-end?

PS- When posting SIP traces in the future, please document what each IPv4 address represents. Also a text file of the actual output is a lot easier to dig through than a static screenshot.

kietct
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Jonathan Schulenberg ,
I have problem too,
When I request video call from external, I route call to device CUCM(jabber).

CUCM return correct codec h264(video working), but I route call to trigger UCCX then CUCM return codec h261(video call not working.) Can you suggest me solve problem? Thanks