Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID displayed on UCCX Agent Phone during call presentation

spjeffgricus
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I've seen multiple posts on the topic none of which appear to have a Correct Answer identified (see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2079191 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2058072

)

The request is to be able to display the original calling party ID on UCCX agent phone while the call is being presented to the agent rather than the CTI port.  We understand this is expected behavior as UCCX is performing a consultative transfer from the CTI port until the call is answered and we also understand that the calling party information is made available via CAD.  Here is what I received from TAC confiming my understanding that this is expected behavior:

This is the way how it works and the reason why it does.

1. Call arives at CTI RP of UCCX and rediectred to a CTI port.

2. CTI port provided media processing for the call.

3. Agent is selected and a consult transfer is done to the agent.

4. CTI port puts caller on Hold and caller hears MOH.

5. CTI port kicks off transfer process and makes a call to Agent IP phone.

6. Agent IP phone see the call from CTI port and picks it up.

7. CTI port recognizes the agent has taken the call and again kicks off trnasfer process.

8. Agent gets the call and CUCM updates the calling party address on agent phone.

At every step, UCCX has no role to play but just tell CUCM where to route the call.

CUCM is the one who is responsible for updating calling party info on the phone.

This is known as MID-Call update.

If you are looking for an answer in UCCX documentation, you won’t get it.

UCCX Developers wont provided this information as this is out of their scope.

UCCX is not a Call Agent like CUCM.

Here's a clarification from CUCM guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-and-services-guide_chapter_01001.html#CUCM_TP_G2219403_00

We have received this request from multiple customers and so we just need to know if there is a workaround or if there is something on the roadmap.  If there are no roadmaps to change this behavior and if there are no other documents that address this perceived issue, can I ask that Cisco just mark this as a Correct Answer so that we have somewhere to direct customers questioning why this is working as it does?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shikhar Choudhary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff

What you have posted is the correct answer. That is what happens in the background.

No previous versions had this and no plans for future versions to implement this as well.

Regards,

Shikhar Choudhary | CCIE # 29964 (Voice)

IPCC Express TAC Engineer

.:|:. .:|:. Cisco Systems, Inc.

Richardson, TX 75082

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

As far as I know there is no feature update in the future that is going to address this.

We've seen this type of request before and have built a solution to display the caller id (and more) to the Agent during the ringing phase.

If you're interested shoot me an email or PM for more information.

Regards,

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Shikhar Choudhary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff

What you have posted is the correct answer. That is what happens in the background.

No previous versions had this and no plans for future versions to implement this as well.

Regards,

Shikhar Choudhary | CCIE # 29964 (Voice)

IPCC Express TAC Engineer

.:|:. .:|:. Cisco Systems, Inc.

Richardson, TX 75082

Brett Saling
Level 5
Level 5

Pretty sure this functionality was added in 10.x.  Check here and search for CLID in the thread.

Best regards,

Brett

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am the poster of one of the links referenced in this thread. It appears they implemented a fix for this issue differently than they did for Unity Connection a few years ago. The fix implemented for Unity Connection allowed the calling number to show correctly in the missed call directory. Does anyone know if this new feature for UCCX allows the calling number to show in missed calls and not the CTI port number?

Does this also work to phones that aren't agent phones? If it doesn't, that would be a big disappointment. It was the number 1 complaint I had from non-agent users. Not having the calling number show in missed calls would also be a disappointment.

Thank you,

Mark

A parameter was added to CUCM 4 years ago to fix this same issue with consult-transfer calls from Unity Connection. I asked at that time why they couldn't do this same type of fix for UCCX consult-tranfers. I was told after some back and forth that it would be included in a future release... That was 4 years ago!!! I am hoping that the new 10.x fix works with non-agent phones and also shows the calling number in the missed calls directory the way the Unity Connection fix did.

CUCM parameter that fixed this issue with Unity Connection:

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity

Thank you,

Mark

aj.jafary
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

my agents should not see the Caller ID before and after answer the call in Finesse and IPPhone. Are you a way to solve this problem?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: