Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Offered and Router Call Key

Hi All,

I am new to Cisco and have been assigned to calculate the total incident calls for a given call type. I used the Cisco database documentation and found that Router Call Key can be used a unique identifier for a given call. However, when I taking count of distinct Router Call Key for the given call type (say X) for a given day (using Termination Call Detail table), it is not matching with the sum of calls offered for the same call type (X) (using Call Type Interval table). Can anyone please explain me why there's a difference between sum of calls offered and distinct count of Router Call Key and if there's a relationship between these two?

7 Replies 7

Hi, I might not be following you, but Cisco CCE and CUIC have a number of stock reports that should give you what you want without having to query the database directly. Is it that you're looking to see how may calls are offered and handled for instance for a particular call type? 
You didn't say what version you're on, but here's a document for all of the stock reports on 11.6 for instance
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_6_1/User/Guide/ucce_b_cisco-unified-contact-center-enterprise116/ucce_b_cisco-unified-contact-center-enterprise116_chapter_01001.html 

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am using Cisco ICM 11.6 version, and I wanted to know how the calls offered in the table "Call_Type_Interval" are calculated and how is it related to the distinct count of Router Call Key in the tables Termination Call Detail/ Router Call Detail? For example: I took the sum of calls offered for a Call Type Id (say X) on 31st Jan 2024 and it gives me 2 calls. However, if I take the distinct count of Router Call Key in the tables Router Call Detail / Termination Call Detail for the same Call Type ID (X) on same date (31st Jan 2024), it is showing me only 1. I was under the impression that the two should match, but they aren't. So, just wanted to know if there's any relationship between these two?

Thanks for your help on this.

Hi There, 

The ICM will generate a unique router call key for each call that reaches the ICM. Therefore, when you count distinct Routercallkey instances, you are tallying the actual calls that have hit the ICM. However, when considering call types, each time a call is routed via a call type, the offered call count will increment by one. So, if a call type (CT_1) is used within the ICM script and the call is routed multiple times via this call type, the count of offered calls will differ from the value obtained by counting distinct router call keys. Additionally, (if I am correct) if the same call type is used for scheduling a script, it will also increment the count by one.

Regards,

Shalid

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Hi Shalid,

Thanks for your response. That answers my question. I have one additional question. There is a field called "Variable 1" in Termination Call Detail table. How can I compute the sum of calls offered for a particular Variable? 

You may find using Route Call Variable is better than Termination Call Variable. Also, you may really want to consider looking at the call type reports and not using TCD, you will find your life will be much simpler IMHO. In addition, Cisco recommends you not query the detail tables directly, which is why they provide you reports to use Call Types or Skills/Precision Queues so you can get the data you want, create a report so users can run it in CUIC, etc.

Got it. I have an ask to compute calls offered for a specific variable (say V) in "Variable 1" in RCD. How can I calculate this? Should I take the distinct count of router call key or is there any table available which gives me calls offered aggregated at Variable?

Armen Sargsyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, and are you sure that you do not have the given CT 2x in the ICM script as part of the given call? It would like to see the entire progress of calls through ICM scripts. I would not combine the CT count from CTI with the Distinct RouterCallKey count from TCD.