cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a UCCX script load-balance calls between 2 DNs?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to create a UCCX trigger (let's say dn:111) that runs a script that will forward the calls 50% of the time to dn:222 and 50% of the time to dn:333 (a circular distribution)

I don't want to use the agent software, just a UCCX application.  Is this possible?  

Thanks,

UCCX v10.0.1

3 Replies 3

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Your best bet without external stores is to use sessions, store the integer variable there, and increment. However you can't guarantee you'll have a lock on it; meaning you might have two calls hit at the same time and both read the variable to be odd and route to 222.

What is the use case for this query?

HTH

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks, your suggestion just might work.  Call volume is rather low, not worried about calls at the same time.  It's not a huge problem if it's 49/51 instead of exactly 50/50.

Use case is manager wants to use technology to solve lazy-employee problem.  Can't trust employees to take their fair share of calls.  If employee doesn't answer, the call needs to drop into employee's personal voicemail account - so Hunt Pilot\Line Group won't work.  Manager doesn't want to have employees sign in with agent software, etc.

Looking for a simple mechanism to split calls 50/50.

Thanks for your response.

Hi, 

what I tested and it works even with higher number of calls (e.g. UCCE) was to roll the dice and check whether it is bellow 0.5 or above (0 being the minimum, 1 the maximum). The variation has never gone above 2%.

G.