cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not save script

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that is configured in UCCX as an Administrator/Agent/Supervisor/Reporting.  He can log into UCCX App Admin.  He can log into the UCCX Script Editor and view all scripts.  But he can't save an existing script.  So he opens HelpDesk.aef but can't save.  Gets the error "Failed to save script file; Please check logs for further details". 

Any permissions I'm missing? 

And which logs is it referring to?  I'm not sure where the local script editor logs are?  Unless it's RTMT off the server.

Bill

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Good points about checking for anonymous access.

But also check the case of the username.  I've had several applications (including UCCX) be case sensetive, even when CUCM isn't.  So if your CUCM user account is defined as FirstnameLastname, you can log in to most applications as firstnamelastname.

But for UCCX, if you log in that way you may not be getting the correct permissions.  So make sure they're using the correct capitalization, matching their CUCM user account. 

View solution in original post

That's interesting and it sounds like a defect.  What versions of CUCM and UCCX are you running?

I am running CUCM 8.6(2a) and UCCX 8.5(1)SU1 and this does not happen to me.

Here's some proof, short of sending a video of me logging in, using screenshots.

LDAP Explorer showing case of my username:

CRS Editor login using lower case letter in username:

CRS Editor status bar showing that the username is reflecting the LDAP setting and not how I typed it.  I.e., It got converted to the proper form, and thus allows me to login and edit/save scripts:

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Bill,

Are you sure the autentication process is validated? If Login failed, you are Login as a Guest able to open the script but unable to save or delete them.

Regards

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To piggy back on what's already been said:  Administrator is the only right the user needs to modify scripts.  Try creating a new user and only giving it Admin rights and see if the problem persists.  Also, try different CRS Editor installs from different machines.

Ask the user to send you a screenshot of the bottom of the Editor window.

This is what it looks like when you are authenticated (C42792 is my username):

This is what it looks like when you are authenticated and then lose connectivity to the server:

This is what it looks like when you fail authentication (which is what it also looks like if you click Login Anonymously):

You also see this error upon login:

This is what it looks like when you click to login and the server name is not right or the server is offline (which is what it also looks like if you click Login Anonymously):

You also see this error upon login:

Interestingly, if you click OK on the above error, and just let it login in stand alone mode, the tooltip on the cluster status tells you that your are connected to the cluster, even though you're not.  I realize this is cosmetic, but it could be confusing to a user.

Anthony Holloway

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

Good points about checking for anonymous access.

But also check the case of the username.  I've had several applications (including UCCX) be case sensetive, even when CUCM isn't.  So if your CUCM user account is defined as FirstnameLastname, you can log in to most applications as firstnamelastname.

But for UCCX, if you log in that way you may not be getting the correct permissions.  So make sure they're using the correct capitalization, matching their CUCM user account. 

That was my problem.   All lowercase worked fine to log in, and show their username, so it didn't think we were anonymous.  But it didn't give me appropriate permissions.  Using proper capitalization to match call manager worked, and the user can now save files.

That's interesting and it sounds like a defect.  What versions of CUCM and UCCX are you running?

I am running CUCM 8.6(2a) and UCCX 8.5(1)SU1 and this does not happen to me.

Here's some proof, short of sending a video of me logging in, using screenshots.

LDAP Explorer showing case of my username:

CRS Editor login using lower case letter in username:

CRS Editor status bar showing that the username is reflecting the LDAP setting and not how I typed it.  I.e., It got converted to the proper form, and thus allows me to login and edit/save scripts:

Anthony Holloway

Thanks, I'm sure you're right --- defect. When I log in using lowercase, the CRS Editor status bar continues to show lowercase, it doesn't get converted as in your example. 

Unfortunately I'm back a few versions, so perhaps SU4 already solved this.  I haven't opened a TAC or checked the bug toolkit (yet).  But I'm UCCX 8.0(2)SU2 and CUCM 8.5.1.11900-21