Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 12.5 rebuild question

hi guys, 

i would really appreciate if someone can doublecheck my steps and answer my question please.

We are currently running 12.5 ccx HA which was sized for 100 agents.  The client will have more than 100 agents in the future and the call volume has already exceeded over 100 IVR ports.  I can see calls are getting rejected due to lack of ports and busy signal received when calling in during peak.  the report shows it has 100 calls in the system.  so we are in the situation to rebuild the ccx HA solution for 400 agents capacity. 

1. Take a backup and shut down both servers on a maintenance window

2. build the ccx pub (same version) with 400 agent size using same hostname,dns, ntp, default gw, ceriticate info as the current server.  also The OS, appadmin, security password remains the same.

3. once installed, do i need to initialize the first server or can i just go to drs page and restore first node. if i have to initialize, can i use same old rmcm , jtapiprovider username/password.  I vaguely remember in version 8 restore, i had to initialize and use a temp rmcm/jtapi instead of the original ones (ex, username rmcm_temp, jtapi_temp). but once i restore, it goes back to the original username i used.  if someone can clarify that pls.

4. restore and restart.

5. make sure it points to smart license manager. if not point it.

6. add second node in the server page.

7.install secondary node using same network/cert info

8. restore second and restart.

the main question i had in mind is the certificate. the current servers are signed by public CA with multi-san (instead of signing each server).  does the restore helps to restore this cert? or do i need to re-sign the cert?  if it doesn't then i will have to have the sys admin available for me that weekend to help out.  

thank you so much.

vijay S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

so to give you guys an update, 

I performed the rebuild.

1. built primary server.

2.initialized it using rmcm_temp / jtapi_temp usernames just for now. once restored, the usernames will go back to original.

3. restored primary, rebooted. Restore will also add the secondary server automatically.  (the public CA signed tomcat cert was restored as well. this was my concern)

4. the license (smart account - cloud) wasn't restored.  so I re-did the license management to point to cloud for smart account.

4. built secondary server.

5.restored secondary and rebooted.

6.performed data sync.

7. test by logging into finesse, calling into queues, failovers etc.

thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This document outlines the process for how to restore your CCX system. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide_chapter_011100.html

Normally in for example CM certificates would be part of the backup and would be restored. However when reading quickly through the document I did not see certificates mentioned in what is included in the backup, so I’m not sure if it’s included or not.

Response Signature

Yes thank you Roger.  i did come across that doc and i didn't see the the cert being one of the components being backup.  there is a component called "platform" that gets backed up and i thought it may include the certs.  so thats where my confusion was. I guess i will have to reach out to TAC for confirmation.

thanks

vijay

so to give you guys an update, 

I performed the rebuild.

1. built primary server.

2.initialized it using rmcm_temp / jtapi_temp usernames just for now. once restored, the usernames will go back to original.

3. restored primary, rebooted. Restore will also add the secondary server automatically.  (the public CA signed tomcat cert was restored as well. this was my concern)

4. the license (smart account - cloud) wasn't restored.  so I re-did the license management to point to cloud for smart account.

4. built secondary server.

5.restored secondary and rebooted.

6.performed data sync.

7. test by logging into finesse, calling into queues, failovers etc.

thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: