cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX with SocialMiner

mohannad23
Level 1
Level 1

i have some questions regarding social miner , do i need to have CCX to install and use social miner ?

also if i installed social miner with  CCX to use Chat subsystem on CCX , do i still have  the option to use social miner for feeds ? if yes does the CCX involved in this ? and how agent can manage feeds ? any clients should be installed on PCs?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

SocialMiner does not require UCCX . If you installed SocialMiner to use Chat subsystem on UCCX you should still be able to set up SocialMiner feeds. CCX is not involved in other feeds besides Chat. The agent manages the feeds using the socialMiner web page once they login as a user. Also, no clients need to be installed. All that’s needed is a browser. Please refer to the browser compatibility matrix here http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/SocialMiner_Browsers for which browsers are supported.

Also note that SocialMiner’s user management is different than CCX. CCX agents are not valid SocialMiner agents. More information can be found on this in the SocialMiner User’s Guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/socialminer/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Also, since you plan to do chat and social media, take a look at the "Design Guidance->Provisioning” section of the SocialMiner User’s Guide. This will help you plan your feeds to ensure SocialMiner does not become overloaded.

thank you for your response , i checked the user guide but i still have one more question , i could not find the supported languages with Social miner , the language pack as per the document is for the interface language ,so my question is about Arabic language , does social miner supports Arabic for feeds ? is it able to capture feeds in Arabic for twitter and Facebook ?

thank you.

No, Arabic is not supported with SocialMiner.