Views
Helpful
Replies

Change CUCM end User, no AD integration

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have CUCM (7.1.5.32900-2), we do not have Active Directory integration,

Is it acceptable practice if a user leaves, to just change the name on the End User config within CUCM, (setting up for use as a CAD agent), rather than deleting and creating new from scratch?

Everything stays the same on the End user except the name.

Or is the preferred method to delete existing user and creat a new one?

I realize if I change the name, I should delete the old resource in UCCX.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either way is accaptable if you can also change the user ID (do not recall as it's been a while since I worked on non AD integreted system if you can change user ID).

Chris

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Wilson,

Please go through the below section.

Implications of Deleting Agents in Unified CM

Note     This section only applies to Unified CCX Deployments with Unified CM.

If you modify an agent's record in Unified CM (for example, changing the Unified CCX extension or deleting the agent),ensure to refresh the user page on Unified CCX Administration interface so that the agent's information in the Unified CCX RmCm subsystem is updated. Choose Subsystems > RmCm > Resources option to update the Unified CCX information in the Unified CCX Administration any time. If you change the Unified CCX extension of an agent who is currently logged in, the agent will continue to use the old extension until the agent logs off. The agent must log off and then log back in to the Cisco Agent Desktop to get the new extension.

When Unified CCX detects that the agent no longer exists in Unified CM, it does not automatically delete that agent from the Unified CCX database. Instead, the Unified CCX Resources page displays a new link called Inactive Agents. When you click this link, Unified CCX displays a list of agents deleted from Unified CM but still existing in the Unified CCX database. In this case, select the agents to delete from Unified CCX by checking the check box next to the required agent (or select all agents for deletion by clicking Check All). Then click Delete to remove the selected agents from the Unified CCX database. Unless you follow this procedure, agents deleted in Unified CM will continue to appear in the agents list in the Unified CCX Resources page, but they will not be able to log in as the Unified CM authentication will not be successful.

Caution        

Deleting Inactive Agents removes the agent details and records from the Historical Reporting Database and HR reports will not display historical information of these agents.

If Unified CM connection errors have occurred, all agents will not be visible to Unified CCX. In this case, Unified CCX interprets these agents as deleted agents. As a result, the Inactive Agents list will not be accurate. When the errors are resolved, click Inactive Agents again to see an accurate list.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Thanks for the excellent information.

Currently when adding a user without AD integration The user is added in CUCM, phone is associated to user, then the resource is populated in CCX and it has to be modified with skill set etc.

With AD integration, how does that process change?

A new person I would assume is populated as an end user in CUCM, but you would still need to associate the phone I would think and modify CCX resource to add skillset, is this correct?

Or is any of that done withing AD?

Also, when a person leaves the company and removed from AD, do they also then automatically show up as Inactive Agent?

And the same caution applies about removing Inactive Agent?

Hi Wilson,

With the CUCM and AD setup, you add the user and the DN (extension) in the AD itself.

Perform LDAP sync from the CUCM to get reflection of these end users in CUCM.

Associating the device and IPCC extn, assinging Skills...etc is same.

When the User is removed from the AD, it will no longer appear in the CUCM end user page after the LDAp resync, and thus will be moved to Inactive Agents list in UCCX.

In this case also the above mentioned Caution applies.

Hope it is helpful.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..