Helpful
Replies

Change default prompts - CCX 8.0.2

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to change the default prompts on CCX 8.0.2 in situations like:

On a menu if a caller presses a wrong digit or if it doesn't press a digit.

What I get is an english prompt "Are you still there". I have everything working on a language that doesn't exist (pt_PT) and need to change this, editing the prompts (if it's possible, where are the files?!?!?) or not having nothing said to the caller (that will work just fine for me).

Best regards

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You woulnd't change the default system prompts, rather you would set the retry value to 0, and manage your own failures, and retry counters.

E.g.,

label main_menu

menu

option 1

/* do option 1 action */

option n

/* do option n action */

timeout

play prompt im sorry, but I did not receive a response

goto menu_failure

unsuccessful

play prompt im sorry, but that is not a valid option

label menu_failure

if (++failures < max_failures)

true

play prompt please try again

goto main_menu

false

goto customer_service

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your reply.

But doing what you suggest still gives some of the default messages. Isn't there a way to remove them completely or change them to the language I need?

They must be stored somewhere.

I already tried adding a new language, I can do that but it always gives me the default prompts on the system language and Portuguese for Portugal is not and option.

Best regards

You should be able to completely eliminate the system prompts by controlling your own settings: e.g, retry limit  Which steps are you still hearing the system prompts, and for which actions?

This is why the product is listed as supporting certain languages.  If it doesn't support european portuguese at this time, then you have to make due.

I'm not saying it's 100% possible, but if you were so inclined you could root your server, and replace all of the brazilian portuguese with european portuguese files.

Hi,

I'm willing to change the files from "brazilian" to portuguese, the problem is I can't find the files on the server. I can only see two directories, both for english.

Do you know were the files are located?

Regards

If you are looking in the AppAdmin Prompt repository, then you will not see other languages by default.  You would click the link in the upper right, which says "Create Language" or similar.

There are three primary was to work with languages in a script:

1. Set the language on the Trigger - This will change all of your repository file lookups to look in the Trigger language first, then Default
  2. Set the contact's language in the script - This will also change all of your repository file lookups to look in the Trigger language first, then Default.
  3. Qualify each and every prompt - i.e., Play Prompt(--Triggering Contact--, sp[welcome] @ l[en] + dp[500] + sp[welcome] @ l[es]) - That would say welcome in english and then in spanish (e.g., Welcome, Bienvenida!)

cronus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The same issue concerns me, regarding default system prompts (anouncement, numbers, dates)

In CCX ver 7 we can define our custom language, and by accesing system folders completing the system needed structure :

\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\system\G711_ULAW\ro_RO\gen\number | \date | \currency .... etc.

In this way we could have constant IVR (with the same voice also for numbers and dates) using the same custom language.

How can this be achived in CCX8 ?

Thanks,

Laurentiu

Hi,

If you find a way let me know.

Like suggested I just set the retries to 0 and no more default prompts appear, but if you want the default prompts (like I do) you are not able to change them (at least I couldn't find the way to do it, not even in CLI mode).

Regards

cronus
Level 1
Level 1