Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing up what happens at the 'select resource - queued' step

kbenoit33
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

So, I'm curious .. we'd like to change how we do things regarding what happens at the select resource - queued step. Our current state is a series of business checks, place the call on hold, play CUCM MOH, take the call off hold, go back to the queue loop and repeat.

To change things up I'd like to play some royalty-free music as a prompt instead of putting the call on hold. I would use boolean flags to keep track of what prompts have played so callers do not hear the same wav file over and over and over.  So, I'm thinking of doing something like this ...

At the queued step ..

play a prompt

begin the queue loop

business check

agent check

play royalty-free (RF) music clip 1 (45 sec)

play informational prompt 1 (15 sec)

opt-out check

go back to the queue loop

2nd time through ..

business check

agent check

play RF 2 (45 sec)

play info 2 (15 sec

opt-out check

3rd time ...

business check

agent check

play RF 3 (45 sec)

play info 3 (6 sec)

opt-out check

4th time ...

business check

agent check

play RF 4 (45 sec)

play info 4 (6 sec)

opt-out check

And maybe one more time playing these types of prompts before we switch to placing the call on hold and playing CUCM MOH. Generally, most calls are answered before the five minute mark, however, we do have outliers who wait a very long time. Playing CUCM MOH might be the appropriate thing to do for those rare instances?

I'm curious if anyone else has tried this and am hoping for some feedback?

Thanks!

Keith

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There's nothing wrong with doing it that way. I've seen a few customers play music from prompts rather than holding; it's easier to maintain/change that way.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!