Views
Helpful
Replies

CIPC using license in CUCM when configured for UCCX

karthikageer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have installed and configured CIPC to connect to CUCM and assigned to a Enduser. I am using this phone to login in to UCCX finesse desktop. I noticed that this phone is consuming license in CUCM. I am under the impression that all the uccx phones does not consume license in CUCM, please confirm. 

I have another extension type 8841, i have configured it to work with UCCX and it does not consume any license on CUCM. Is there a difference between physical extension and CIPC in terms of licensing. 

Thanks,

Karthik  

2 Replies 2

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @karthikageer 

CIPC registers with CUCM so it will consume Enhanced Licenses if 1 user 1 extension. If 1 user 2 extensions then Enhanced Plus license would be consumed. It is working as expected.

Basically for 1 UCCX agent, you will require 2 licenses (1 CUCM extension license and 1 UCCX agent license).

Wish I answered your query...

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Thanks Ritesh, Why is 8841 physical station not consuming license on CUCM, we are using even this for UCCX agent login. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: