cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse 12.6.1 - utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.6.1+: Received Unauthorized error

ducman1000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just finished upgrading PCCE (CCE, Finesse, VVB, CUIC)12.5.1 to 12.6.1 MR.  I went to test agent login and validate the standard gadgets.  I got an error stating I need to run "utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.6.1+" on the Finesse server.

When I ran the command "utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.6.1+" on the primary Finesse server.  I received the following error.

admin:utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.6.1+

You are not authorized to perform this operation on Subscriber.

Executed command unsuccessfully
% Total    % Received    % Xferd    Average    Speed    Time    Time    Time    Current
                                                     Dload       Upload   Total     Spent   Left     Speed
100 1501     100 1501 0    0          255k            0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 293k

admin:

Thank you,

10 Replies 10

Out of curiosity, does utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.5.1 work? Or does it throw the same error? And I know you said you did it on the publisher, but if you do it on the subscriber, I assume the same error?

I'm with Bill here, it's very likely you're on the wrong server.

david

ducman1000
Level 1
Level 1

Tried the utils finesse layout updateCuicGadgetUrl 12.5.1 command on the Subscriber and get the same error seen on the Publisher

Attached screen shots of Finesse Pub and Sub

Your original post was about the 12.6+ command. Do you get the same error if you run that command? Your screen shots are talking are showing the 12.5 command. If you are getting the same error I suspect your only recourse is going to be TAC. You're bleeding edge.

david

ducman1000
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, I do receive the same error using the 12.6.1+ command.

David,

You may be right about getting TAC involved.  Thanks

This is the bug.  Although, someone else may have opened a TAC case for the same issue.

Thanks...

Did the workaround they list resolve the issue?

Apologies for the late response.  There was a new ES01 for Finesse that was suppose to correct this issue, but it did not.  However, I was able to update the file using Postman "PUT" along with the following link (via the bug search tool).   "https://:8445/finesse/api/LayoutConfigs?updateCuicGadgetUrl=true&cuicVersion=12.52"

Just insert the Finesse Publisher url between "//" and :8445

Along with the CLI credentials

Thank you for circling back and sharing the workaround/fix with the community.