Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse Developer API - Verify sent DTMF string by API

AJ9
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, Cisco Community! 

I am currently working on a project and curious if we can able to verify the DTMF string sent through the Cisco Finesse Developer API (Send DTMF String). I seem to notice that whenever I sent a request in the said API the response body is empty though the status code is 202(request is successful). I would like to verify through the API that the value of the DTMF sent was the same value inputted in the request body. Also, I am subscribing to the events of notification of Cisco Finesse APIs but no luck as well cause the Dialog and User Notification received is empty as well. Is this possible? 

Thank you. 

*note: we're using UCCE.

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is a very good question. I tested this on my system and it seems like empty Dialog notification IS the successful verification.

On my system, I see the following in the client logs (confirmed by webservices logs)

CallControl : [ClientServices] Dialog: requestId='49834a7f-2b88-4fc5-9d80-8ce0220dfa4c', Making REST request: method=PUT, url='https://finesse25.autobot.cvp:8445/finesse/api/Dialog/2130706433'
CallControl : [ClientServices] [ ComponentsUtil ] - Setting focus on element having id dialButton-8
CallControl : [ClientServices] Dialog: requestId='49834a7f-2b88-4fc5-9d80-8ce0220dfa4c', Returned with status=202, content='null', isUnsent = false
CallControl : EventTunnel.eventHandlerImpl() - Event received::<Update><data><dialog/></data><event>PUT</event><requestId>49834a7f-2b88-4fc5-9d80-8ce0220dfa4c</requestId><source>/finesse/api/Dialog/2130706433</source></Update>

You will notice in the last line, there is a notification that is sent, but it is an empty dialog. The Finesse desktop uses the requestId (which I would recommend you use as well) and by the unique id, it is confirmed that the empty dialog is a result of the DTMF.

If it is a failure, an apiError will be sent instead.

Thanx,

Denise