Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco finesse Outbound dial out

Hi Experts!..

Actually i new to this Cisco Finesse development, need your suggestion for below set up.

We had the third party application which run parallelly in Agents desktop browser along with Finesse Desktop in nearby tab.

Requirement:

When agent pressed click2call button in their thirdparty application then call should be automatically dial out using Finesse desktop.

Here Thirdparty application will pass the events when agent click the button in JSON format. 

a. Here whether Cisco Finesse gadget can automatically capture the JSON response sent by the Third party application?. If so , kindly elaborate possible ways . 

b. Here inside  which class of Finesse JS library , i need to  write the logic to listen to JSON response and initiate the outbound call , kindly provide me some advise to start it out.

Hari.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you explain your setup with more detail? You said "third party application which run parallelly in Agents desktop browser along with Finesse Desktop in nearby tab". I am a bit confused because you said it is running parallel IN the agent desktop but you also said the Finesse desktop is in a nearby tab. So is this third party application a separate entity all together? Or is it a gadget within the Finesse desktop?

Is the third party application's click2call button using a third party API to make the call or the Finesse API? Is that call using the same phone that the agent is logged in with for the Finesse desktop?

The above info would be needed to answer your question correctly.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I read the details in the private message you had sent me and it gives more clarity. To summarize my understanding, you have a 3rd party application that is separate from the Finesse desktop which runs in two different tabs on the browser. You want to be able to do a click2call from the third party app and the call reflected on the agent desktop.

So what you would need to do is use the Make call API from the third party app. The only problem is that in order to know if the call is successful, you need to get the Finesse notifications, but due to the limitations, there can only be one connection to the notification service per agent, which is currently being utilized by the Finesse desktop. Of course, the result of the request will be reflected on the agent desktop itself, it just won't be able to be reflected on the third party app itself.

I hope that information helps. To start, I would suggest that you use the make call API via postman and see it being reflected on the agent desktop, just to see the end results.

Thanx,

Denise

@dekwan Thanks for your valuable input. Here the challenge is i didn't have any scope to change thrid party application code to make this API call to Finesse. I am  not sure whether they will share their Third party application's SDK or expose their API .

Shall i know whether creating  the Finesse third party gadget for catching their events from third party application directly ?

What are all information (docs) we should request from  third party application team to move further , kindly share your thoughts.

Hari.