Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to call on MS-Dynamics CRM

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer with UCCX 10.6(1) who is having an MS-Dynamics CRM system implemented for them by another company.

The currently run CAD but I will soon move them to Finesse and have completed initial testing of Finesse screen-pops based upon calling number which worked ok.

The CRM records have customer contact numbers in them which, when clicked, seem to want to launch Skype even though it is not installed on the PCs being used for testing.

I cannot see the source HTML for the click to call links but guess that they are using Skype specific links rather than "tel:" links which would work with Jabber.

I need to find a Click to Call solution (preferably at zero cost) and the company installing the CRM system do not seem to knowledgable about this aspect of the product.

So my questions are:

1. Can click to dial links in the MS CRM be modified to use tel: links or possibly the Webdialer javascript applet?
  2. Can Jabber be configured to handle Skype clcik to call links?
  3. Is there a free or cheap Click to Dial app available for Windows (I really do not unerstand why Cisco EOL'd their widget)

The customer does not yet have Jabber and I am trying to get them to use it but a simple click to dial app for initial testing would be really useful.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Apologies for bumping this but I still have this requirement and would really appreciate any guidance that could be offered.

James,

I have no personal knowledge, but one thing you might want to look at is what mechanism is launching Skype? Maybe you can change that behavior to use Jabber. I would have to imagine it's something in the browser which has that association or an association within the OS.

Now another option would be to use a Chrome or Firefox which replaces html on your current page. This might seem like the best solution, but I just can't imagine it would be sustainable long term.

Good luck!

alex.jeon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

Have you managed to find out the solution?

I'm on the same boat, it would be appreciated for any help.

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

The customer IT manager changed so Jabber never got implemented so I did not actually resolve the issue.

I am pretty certain that the solution lies with modifying the MS CRM handling of click to call links.

The discussion on Stack Overflow at the link below contains some interesting information.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35574366/click-to-call-feature-for-dynamics-crm-like-lync-skype

The suggestions here could be used to replace the Skype links with tel: or ciscotel: links.

HTH

Hi James,

Thanks heaps for your reply and useful link.

I also found out the following information, saying simply changing telephony provider option to Lync would change URL to tel link.

http://lynciverse.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/product-review-skypepop-for-dynamics-crm.html

I'll give it a go this option, and if not working, then I'll try out ribbon option.

I'll post the result later for your information.

Cheers,

Alex.