Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Variables - For ending CCB formula

fazil.chida
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Do any one know where we can create/ modify the variables like Talkingout , TalkingIn. I am working on below formula but its not allowing me to save since I dont have the variable name TalkingOut.

Below is the screen shot what I am taking about and CCB formula as well.

fazilchida_1-1722402180220.png

ValidValue(((PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.CallsInQ+1)*(ValidValue(PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.AvgHandledCallsTimeTo5,285))/
max(PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.Ready,(PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.TalkingIn+PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.TalkingOut+PQ.PRECISIONQUEUE.TalkingOther))),285) 

Guide me towards the right step. Thank you.

35 Replies 35

Glad to hear that setting resolved your issue. And no, that's one of the concerns like I mentioned that the business often has, they think CCB "ruins" their stats, since they see the calls in queue that are waiting for a callback.
If you want a solution where the calls don't queue in this manner, you will have to use something custom and not CCB.

Do you recommend any custom solution where we can initiate outbound calls directly from the CVP application? As a workaround, I have reduced the callback attempts from 3 to 1. With this change, Iā€™ve noticed an improvement in the queue time and the number of calls in the queue column. Do you suggest this approach, or would you recommend a different solution?

Custom approaches not using CCB would come either from a Cisco partner or from a 3rd party provider. There are some that use the dialer or task routing for instance.
As for your settings, it all depends on the business need, so if the business thinks it is better to only try a customer once and potentially have less queue time/number of calls, then I would leave it at 1.

Hi Bill, 

Is there any link or doc to refer how to make outbound calls from CVP application. I am thinking to have a custom outbound call application. So I can solver the queue count in agent desktop. 

Thanks

Hi, 

I am looking for an CVP application to make a outbound call to the caller. So with this approach will not have any issue with the queue stats. 

Hope I answered your question.

Right, but why does it have to be with CVP. If you're looking to replace/get around the multiple issues you have with the default CCB, you might look at a whole slew of options, like using the dialer, using task routing, etc. Is there something specific you're looking to do with CVP for instance. You know Cisco restricts how you can only change certain modules of CCB for instance, right?

Hello Bill, 

I have few doubt can you explain me how is the ewt is calculate in this class file.

com.cisco.cvp.vxml.custelem.callback.GetStatus -- Is see ewt values is getting change and final it get to 0 and call back is initiated. 

I reviewed the link and noticed that the Estimated Wait Time (EWT) is defined as the "current estimated remaining wait time in seconds before the callback should be initiated." However, it's fluctuatingā€”at times decreasing to 100 seconds, then suddenly rising to 300. This inconsistency is causing confusion, and Iā€™m unclear about how exactly the EWT is being calculated.

Right, but part of that is what you are passing in on the script. Your best bet is to set up a test script where you pass in, for testing, a static variable for EWT so that you can see how it works.

I got this from someone at Cisco many years ago. I don't pretend to understand it. But it's what's being used to update the passed EWT to determine when to place the call back.

Process Details and Calculation Methods
The following information details the process used by the Callback Servlet to determine the callback time for calls in the queue. It also shows the method, or formula, used to calculate the Average Dequeue Time as well as the method used to update the remaining time for all Courtesy Callback calls in the queue.
The process for determining callback time is as follows: 1. Average Dequeue Time (D) is calculated using the formula: D = (EWT + F)/N, where:
Ā· EWT is the estimated wait time for a new Courtesy Callback call
Ā· F is the number of seconds that the first call is already in position in the queue, and
Ā· N is the number of calls in queue. 2. The remaining time for all Courtesy Callback calls in the queue is updated using the formula: R(p) = p*D - F - C, where:
Ā· p = 1, ..., N
Ā· R(p) is the remaining time for the pth queue position Courtesy Callback call, and
Ā· C, the post-callback time, is the sum of the time it takes to retrieve the Courtesy Callback caller back on the phone and the SLA time.

Hi Bill, 

Can you share any link which explains the call wait application. I also looking for the setting for class used in Get Status_01 element. 

It would be good if you can share this detail.

Hello Bill, 

Can you explain why we have time slot under call back wait application. What is the use of it?

fazilchida_0-1728485489673.png