cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Active Directory linked server

pete_chirpich
Level 1
Level 1

We use IPCC 3.12 with Active directory integration. I would like to make a script that does a lookup in active directory. Based on who is in a certain group, it would pull user information and direct calls in a certain manner. I have the script working on a separate SQL server. However, to do it, I needed to run a query that made that particular server linked.

Is this a bad thing to do on the IPCC server? As far as I have seen, it just added an entry on the sql server and thus far has not effected other apps on that server. I placed a support call to Cisco and they think it may effect support to this product. Has anyone done this? If so, have you had any support issues because of it?

My query will be: EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'ADSI', 'Active Directory Service Interfaces',

'ADSDSOObject', 'adsdatasource'

GO

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

I think you are hitting CSCin76178. Try the suggested workaround.

I am not sure I hit the right bug you suggested. I see one that refers to "QBE helper not able to reconnect to CTI Manager". That is not my issue.

Either way, I am not going to do this. Cisco TAC stated that I would be infringing on support abilities by modifying the installation or setup, or something like that. So I am finding a different method of doing my ad lookups. Seems odd that servers that are supposedly AD integrated cannot perform functions against is. Oh well. Wishful thinking.

Did you ever figure out how to do AD lookups from a CRS script?

No. I ended up just pulling it into a SQP db from AD then pulling from there in ipcc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: