Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSQ1 not Dequeuing to overflow CSQ2 as per script

Hi,

I have a question to the community here, according to me the dequeuing of a call to anther CSQ has not dependencies ie if the dequeued option in the script is hit the call should be moved to the overflow CSQ as per script whether there is Ready Agents or not? Am I wrong in making that assumption?

Our customer services script (CustomerServices/xxxxx.aef) is set up to dequeue any stipulated CSQ after a minute, then requeue the call to the overflow CSQ (attachment CS1).

CUIC Contact Service Queue Activity by CSQ Report (attachment CS2) shows the calls dequeuing, but looking at the Finesse snapshot of calls currently in the queue, there are calls in CSQ1 that should have been dequeued to CSQ2 but have not been even after 30 mins (attachment CS3).

Any idea of what is occurring here, and why the calls are not dequeuing in the specified time? (Is the system actually checking if there is available agents or not or are we hitting some sort of bug or defect here?)

Best Regards
5 Replies 5

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

I can't answer your specific question, but another option is to not dequeue your calls.  Whenever I overflow calls I leave the caller queued in the first queue (i.e. the caller would be queued in CSQ1 and CSQ2 at the same time).  That way if an agent in CSQ1 becomes available they can answer the call.

Hi Jim-J,

Thank you for the comment, yes I am aware of this way of doing it as well, what I am really trying to establish as this is not a constant thin we just see it in every few calls one seems to get stuck and do not dequeue to the overflow queue but monitoring the real time reporting page for the 2 queue's not agents is in the ready state in either queue they are all either talking or in not ready state, thus my question, does the system internally check agent availability before dequeuing the call?

The way I see the steps in the script is after 60 odd seconds whether there is an Agent available in the overflow queue or not it should dequeue the call.

But then I read the below and then it seems dequeuing only takes place when the call is actually handled and not just changing CSQ's to be queued again. (It is a very grey area this for me, I was under the impression I force the call from 1 CSQ to another with the dequeued statement but the below says calls considered dequeued only if handled by either agent or VM Box)

Calls Dequeued – Short Term (Calls are considered dequeued
when they are handled by an agent in a different queue or sent to a
device such as a voicemail box. A short term dequeued call was
dequeued within the last 5, 10, or 15 minutes.)
o Calls Dequeued – Long Term (A long term dequeued call was
dequeued within the last 30 minutes.)

Best Regards

It really should say "Calls are considered dequeued when they are handled by an agent in a different queue or sent to a
device such as a voicemail box or you used the dequeue step in your script."

I use the dequeue step in my script, I queue the call, put it on hold for 30 sec, un hold play a prompt, hold the call again for 30 sec and the it should dequeue to my over flow, in general this works but every now and then you get a call that gets stuck for 15 - 30 min and not dequeue, thus my question, is the dequeue step actually monitoring the overflow queue for available resources before dequeuing the call and or are we hitting a bug or defect maybe in the script? Not only this but in UCCX Real time monitoring it will show dequeued at some stages but in Finesse it will show still stuck in the queue, now if that is just a reporting cosmetic that is delayed that does not worry me too much at this stage, what I would like to get me head around is the dequeue step interworks..... is it a physical force from 1 CSQ to another or does the system actually in the background check for resource availability first?

Best Regards

@Hermanus Janse van Vuuren wrote:

... what I would like to get me head around is the dequeue step interworks..... is it a physical force from 1 CSQ to another or does the system actually in the background check for resource availability first?

Dequeuing simply removes the call from the queue.  It is not aware of and does not check any other queue.  Dequeuing does not move a call to a different queue.  Maybe you're hitting a bug, you'd have to ask TAC.