Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS gets restarted when ctisvr switch over happens

adithyaudupa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In the duplex environment, when there is a "ctisvr service" switch over to other side, the "ctios server service" window on both sides will get closed and starts automatically. Does it mean that the ctios server really getting restarted or its just establisheing a connection with ctisvr of other side? Is it expected in the duplex set up?

Regards,

Adithya

9 Replies 9

Hello,

As you probably know , the CTIOS server connects to the CTI server , if you restarted the active CTI server it is normal that the CTIOS will get loose the connecion for a few seconds until the other CTI server gets active but the service shouldnot close and re-open , is this wat is happening ?

Amer

Hi Amer,

Yes you are right. But in our case the ctios server is closing and opening(Status of Ctios server service after opening again, shows as Configuring and then Active). So looks like its getting restarted. In the Cisco CTIOS troubleshooting guide they say that this behaviour is normal! So confused.

Regards,

Adithya

What version you are using ??

Honestly i never saw it before .

Amer

Hello,

Is it possible to enable to trace for the CTIOS server maybe we can find something ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\cisco systems inc.\ICM\\CTIOS1\EMS\CurrentVersion\Library\Process\ctios

edit the EMSTraceMask to ffff

then dumplog the log and post it please.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Its 7.2.7. I can not increase the trace level as it is a production system

When CTIOS server(Any service) retstarts it should create a minidump files right?

Regards,

Adithya

Hello,

Listen, i had just checked it , it is normal to restart the CTIOS , i was mistaken , when you restart the CTI Server , the CTIOS gets restarted , it is normal.

I has just tested it on lab and production system.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Thanks a lot for testing the scenario and the clarification. By the way during this restart  were agents logged out from the Agent Desktop? Or within the timeout limit the ctios server will come up and there will not be any impact to agnts?

Regards,

Adithya

While CTIOS is failing over there is a short period where the CTIOS desktop stops responding, once the failover is complete the agents should return to the state the agent was in.  I've seen plenty of times where the failover takes too long and the agents are then logged out, usually a sign of something configured incorrectly in the agent PC.

david

Hi David,

Thanks for the clarification! Do you know what is the minimum time does AD wait before it gets logged out? Is it a default setting or do we need to configure this time?

Adithya