cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC 11.0(1) report filter UTC offset failure at -7 works at -8

Steven Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scheduled the Traffic Analysis report to run on the first of the month for the "last month". It ran fine on February 1 however on March 1 it failed with the following:

SCHEDULED REPORT EXECUTION FAILED:DATA-PROCESSING-CENTER-ERROR

I looked at the filter since I read that may be the cause. The only thing I really have set is "last month" and UTC-7.  I changed it to UTC-8 and the report worked properly. I changed it back to UTC-7 and the report failed again with the same message.

We operate in both Pacific and Mountain time zones and the call center is actually located in Mountain so the reports need to be UTC-7 to properly reflect the time.

10 Replies 10

If you ran and/or scheduled the report with the actual dates selected instead of last month, does it work?

Also, if you run (not schedule) the report with the "bad" settings, does it fail there too, or only when you schedule it?

"If you ran and/or scheduled the report with the actual dates selected instead of last month, does it work?"

Tried both "last month" and actual dates first with UTC-7 and had the same error.

"Also, if you run (not schedule) the report with the "bad" settings, does it fail there too, or only when you schedule it?"

Tried running manually from scheduled report (run now) and even tried running just from the report menu and setting the filters ("last month" & actual dates) and every way I tried it would fail with UTC-7 but not with UTC-8.

That is strange. And it works if you run it for January, right? So something specific re: UTC-8 and February 2018 together?

"And it works if you run it for January, right?"

That is correct, I just ran it for January using UTC-7 and it works.  Tried again for February and it failed however using UTC-8 works for February.

That was using the exact dates and not "last month" in both cases.

There is definitely a difference as well.

January with UTC-8

1/1/18 10 0.42 3 2:00 pm 3:00 pm 00:00:12 00:00:08

00:00:23

January with UTC-7

1/1/18 9 0.39 3 2:00 pm 3:00 pm 00:00:12 00:00:08 00:00:23

What happens if you remove the time zone reference from the report/filter and instead let the system utilize the time zone setting for the user(s) who is running the report? If that's an option in your scenario, does it work then?

I am unable to remove the time offset as it is a required field for this report:

First thing first, are we talking about a standalone CUIC server? Or, do you have CUIC bundled with UCCX?

This is bundled with UCCX and this is actually a report for the Call Center. 

Understood. So, your UCCX server(s) reside in the Mountain Timezone? When you login to CUIC, under the [Data Sources] tab - select and edit CUIC. What Timezone is advertised? Check UCCX as well; both Primary and Secondary tabs. Does the primary node display one Timezone while the secondary node display a different Timezone?

Likewise, under the [Security] tab - search for the User who scheduled this report, then select and edit the User profile. You should notice the 'Time Zone' parameter under the User profile. This value overrides the Timezone reported by the system. If empty, the Timezone is provided by the system running the reports. Are you aware of any recent failures?

Let me see if I can explain our set-up and thereby address what you have asked.

We have one Publisher and one Subscriber server located in the Pacific Time Zone. We have one Subscriber located in the Mountain Time Zone. The CUIC/UCCX virtual resides on the same physical server as the Subscriber located in the Mountain Time Zone. 

There is no time zone advertised for the CUIC.

The UCCX time zone on primary tab is GMT and the secondary tab is not configured with any information.

All the scheduled reports were created with the admin user which has no time zone provided.

I generated the schedule using the admin login initially as I am basically the only one that even remotely understands the process.  Also, we use RDS and the server I remote into, and my physical location, are in the Pacific time zone.

Again, I can go back and run the report, either by running the scheduled report or by attempting to create a new report under the reports tab. I get results from all previous months except for February which produces the error if I attempt to use UTC -7 but not with UTC -8.