cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC and API's

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

We are a UCCX 11.6(su2) shop and I have a user who is asking if it is possible for CUIC to be connected via an API to an outside software resource?  The data would feed into a Tableau Dashboard via the Office Of Data Analytics Data Lake.

Is this possible, does CUIC have any API capabilities?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I just took a look over on developer.cisco.com and I don't see an API reference for CUIC. I would assume that if there was one, it would be published with the rest of the Collaboration APIs.

In CCX CUIC is essentially the front end to the SQL database tables that hold reporting data. These tables can be accessed from SQL clients so if accessing the data is the primary requirement SQL is effectively your "API". When you create a report in CUIC you can see the SQL query it uses and could use this as a basis to retrieve data using an external program.

Below is a link to a blog posted by a guy who has done this which might be useful for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cisco/comments/6u9epn/updated_and_resolution_uccx_access_the_database/ 

Thank you for the response on this topic, we will definitely look into whether we'll do this or not.

Supposedly, SocialMiner Chat information only available via REST API... for reporting to embedded CUIC.  Is that true?  I've consulted Cisco SocialMiner User Guide Release 11.6(1) but  still unclear.  Need to integrate SocialMiner Chat information, with CCX information, and produce a custom reports in CUIC.   Is there a way to integrate on embedded CUIC both sources? How would you integrate information coming from CCX via SQL and from SocialMiner via REST API?