Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Report shows Callback calls as abundant

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

My Callback script is working as expected. The only issue is that the CUIC report shows the Callback as an abundant call. Is this a normal behaviour or I am mising some configurations?

mightyking_0-1727224076362.png

TEST_2iem_Chance_Fr is the main queue where the callers are waiting and SK_JEL_CALLBACK_Fr is the Callback queque.

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would do it in the sub-flow prior to terminating the original call.

ElliotDierksen_0-1727457153087.png

You do that with the dequeue step

ElliotDierksen_1-1727457229751.png

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Anybody with any idea?

MK

I assume the PSTN side of the call drops while they are waiting for a callback, right? Is the abandon in the original queue? I couldn't read the image. If that is yes, I think you need to dequeue the caller from the original queue first. That will show in the reporting too. You would have to do that before the caller drops. You could also possibly trap a contact inactive exception and mark the call as handled if the caller requested a callback. I think I would lean towards dequeueing the caller from the original queue when they hit the selection to request a callback. That would show in the reporting as a dequeue instead of an abandon.

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for replaying. It's much appreciated. 

Here's a sceenshot of my original script where the queuing happening. 

mightyking_2-1727402275112.png

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

MK

The size of that report image is too small for me to read it. Is the abandon in the initial CSQ, or the call back CSQ? It would be helpful if you would explain the whole sequence of events. I am not connecting the dots with what I see so far.

Good morning Elliot,

The abandon is happening in both initial and call back CSQ. I am attaching the 3 scripts that I am using for your review.

It looks like you are getting the original CSQ name from enterprise data in the callback script. I would suggest that you dequeue the caller from the original CSQ once you have confirmed the callback number. I am not sure where the dequeue in the callback CSQ is being generated yet.

As you can see, I am using a subflow to send the CSQ information to Callback script. I am also using session to communicate the CSQ detail to the sub script where the callback calls are being queued. 

Could you please tell me how and where I have to dequeue the call in the original and callback script?

mightyking_0-1727449528219.png

mightyking_1-1727449636302.png

Thanks,

MK

I would do it in the sub-flow prior to terminating the original call.

ElliotDierksen_0-1727457153087.png

You do that with the dequeue step

ElliotDierksen_1-1727457229751.png

So I need to dequeue first then terminate the call in the sub-flow script?

You have a terminate step in multiple places. If the the call is in queue and it terminated prior to being delivered to an agent, that is an abandon. I think that is the right place based on script interaction I see.

That is a long-winded "yes"!

Thank you Elliot, I really appreciate your help!

If I understand well, I have to replace the terminate step by Dequeue. Right?

Could you please let me know where are the other places that I have to remove the terminate step?

Thanks,

MK

If you want to terminate the call, that isn't a problem. The dequeue MUST come before the terminate to have any effect.

Thank you Elliot,

I have one more question for you.

As you can see in the script, when the agent becomes available, the systems asks the agent to press any keys to connect to the customer but what I am being asked is to remove all interactions with the agents meaning removing the press any key to connect to the customer statement. We want the systems calls the customer when he/she is the next in the queue. System needs to call the customer and wait for the next agent to become available. Could you please help me to make this work?

mightyking_0-1727703918737.png

Thanks,

MK

There are two pieces to that. You could drive when to place the call back based on either estimated wait time or position in queue.

Getting rid of the prompt would be removing the prompt and just connecting the placed call to the agent.