cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom application not able to access data from UCCX.

ggt-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I successfully registered my UCCX Finesse server to Context Service and it's working fine. When customers call or chat, pods are being created in the cloud and the customer journey is accessible from the Finesse gadget.

Then I needed a way to access the records in Context Service from a customized application. I'm not a Java programmer so I installed the Context Service SDK REST Wrapper following these instructions: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/context-service-sample-code/tree/master/Webapp_Sample_Project

I successfully registered the sample Webapp to Context Service and I'm now able to read and write pods to the database from Postman. My problem now is that records written by UCCX are not accessible from the REST API and viceversa. In the Spark Control Hub I see that two different context service clusters exist, one for UCCX and one for my custom app:

So now I have two questions:

1. How can I create a custom app that reads and writes to the context service cluster which UCCX is registered to?

2. Is there a way to read and write data from/to a context service cluster different than the one my custom app is registered to?

Regards,

Rafael Campos

1 Reply 1

cvadnais
Level 1
Level 1

The clusters you see are actually the registered clients you are running.  Data is being written to the same Context Service instance.  However, it is likely that you are using production mode in your CCX where the Sample Rest webapp defaults to using lab mode(lab mode is separated from prod mode and can be deleted).  You can change this in the sample app in the Utils class:

In Webapp_Sample_Project/Shared_Lib/src/main/java/com/cisco/thunderhead/rest/Utils.java

Comment out the line that enables lab mode. 

//addProperty(ContextServiceClientConstants.LAB_MODE, labMode); // exclude this line for prod mode

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: