Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 9.0 Upgrade

RAHUL M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am going to upgrade CVP 8.0 to CVP 9.0 (Tech refresh) with different Ip address and Hostname.

Can i export the back up from CVP 8.0 ops console and restore the back up on CVP 9.0 ?

Is this possible to do so

Sinces we have a different Ip address, will i be able export the configuration or should i reconfigure the entire  CVP.

Kindly advice me on this.

Thanks,

Rahul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes we do have option to export old ops console backup to new 9.X ops console with different IP address, perform the below tasks in ops console to do the same .

1. Export your 8.x backup to 9.x OPS console.

2. Then click on your call/VXML/Reporting server in 8.x and then select Use as template, now you have an option to change the newer ip address with all existing configuration.

3. Click save and deploy.

4. Repeat the same for remaining server and delete the 8.x configurtion and keep the newer one.

Regards

Srinivasan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ganapathi s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rahul,

There is really nothing much to be backed up in CVP. Anyhow you will be exporting the VXML applications seperately and for just OAMP I would suggest to re-configure it in 9.0 for Call Server, VXML and Media Servers configurations.

Even if you take a backup and do a restore, IP addresses and Hostnames are going to change for 9.x systems, for which you will not get an option to change Call Server Hostname which will be a problem again. So it is better to do it afresh in 9.x systems once.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ganapathi.S

Yes we do have option to export old ops console backup to new 9.X ops console with different IP address, perform the below tasks in ops console to do the same .

1. Export your 8.x backup to 9.x OPS console.

2. Then click on your call/VXML/Reporting server in 8.x and then select Use as template, now you have an option to change the newer ip address with all existing configuration.

3. Click save and deploy.

4. Repeat the same for remaining server and delete the 8.x configurtion and keep the newer one.

Regards

Srinivasan

Hi Srini / Ganapathi.

Thanks for the reply.

I have raised a PDi for this and the solution provided is been copied below.

1. Delete the CVP Server (ip1) device and all its associated devices configurations from OAMP Server which were saved with old IP address. NOTE: In order to save the configuration of the CVP Server (ip1) and its associated devices, prior to deleting those devices, use clone (Save As Template) feature of OAMP Server and save their configuration using some dummy IP address.

2.  Change the IP address of the machine from ip1 to ip2.

3.  Add the CVP Server with new IP address (ip2) and its associated devices from OAMP, so now the configuration reflects the new IP address. NOTE: If in step 1, the device configurations were cloned, then those cloned devices can be cloned again and save&deploy them using the new IP address in order to re-create devices with same configuration.

Thanks,

Rahul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: