Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP: CSS or ACE

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Could you please help us in answering the below query from the customer,

Kotak Mahindra Bank currently has one Primary and one Secondary CVP Server on Version 7.X

Now since they are expanding, we are proposing an additional server MCS-7845-I2-CCE2

Now for load balancing, do i propose CSS or ACE?

If CSS, then which model is being currently sold by Cisco?

If ACE, then how do i select which model of ACE suits best...There  is 0.5Gbps, 1Gbps, 2Gbps and 10Gbps..Which one is more appropriate for  this CC Size?

The CVP BOM guide suggests an ACE Appliance on CVP 8.0, but for CVP 7.X it suggest CSS 11500 series with WebNS 7.5X...

Can i chose ACE for CVP 7.X, will it be supported?

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

ACE is the direction going forward.

I have used the CSS pair in the past, but at Cisco Live I spoke to the ACE team in the World of Solutions and ACE pricing was quite similar to CSS (say the ACE 4710 1U model) and it looked to be an effective solution. ACE is also soon available on a Network Module  (ACE30 - could be out now) and that looked great.

Be aware of the similar restrictions that apply to CSS if you have the pair geographically separated. With ACE, you would need a GSS above.

Regards,

Geoff

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Thank you Geoff.

I have one more query,

How to size the ACE 4710?? As there are 0.5gbps, 1gbps, 2gbps and 10 gbps modules available, I need to know which one to chose??

Any documentation\link will be of great help.