Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Say It Smart plugin

Hi,

I'm trying to adapt the usage of the SayItSmart plugin in call studio to the it-IT locale.

For example, when the tool plays a date it use the us format for the date (e.g. DDMMYYY 15051974 is played as 'May, the first, nineteen,seventy,four). I'd like to modify the fileset in order to use the italian format (fifteen, may, one-thousand-nine-hundred, seventy, four).

Is it possible to customize the grammar and/or the fileset in order to have a different format?

Massimiliano Mirabello

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

No, you can't modify the Say it Smarts, unless you are willing to use Java and extend Cisco's say it smart, or create your own.
But, you can use the SetValue element and convert the date into separate parts and play each part separately.

You want to play 15051974 (DDMMYYYY) as fifteen, may, one-thousand-nine-hundred, seventy, four.

You can use the SetValue element (settings tab) to create 3 local variables (in the Settings tab, right-click and select Add Variable).

I like the substr method:  varname.substr(startIndex, numChars):

Varname:           Value:

LocalDay      {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(0,2)
LocalMonth  {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(2,2)
LocalYear     {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(4,4)

Then use an Audio tab with 3 audio items:

audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Number  (to say 15.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Date  InputFormat: MM (to play May.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Date  InputFormat: YYYY (to play the year)

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

No, you can't modify the Say it Smarts, unless you are willing to use Java and extend Cisco's say it smart, or create your own.
But, you can use the SetValue element and convert the date into separate parts and play each part separately.

You want to play 15051974 (DDMMYYYY) as fifteen, may, one-thousand-nine-hundred, seventy, four.

You can use the SetValue element (settings tab) to create 3 local variables (in the Settings tab, right-click and select Add Variable).

I like the substr method:  varname.substr(startIndex, numChars):

Varname:           Value:

LocalDay      {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(0,2)
LocalMonth  {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(2,2)
LocalYear     {Data.Element.getDate.value}.substr(4,4)

Then use an Audio tab with 3 audio items:

audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Number  (to say 15.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Date  InputFormat: MM (to play May.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Date  InputFormat: YYYY (to play the year)

HTH

oops, typo in my previous post:

audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalDay} Type: Number 
(to say 15.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalMonth} Type: Date 
InputFormat: MM (to play May.wav)
audio item 1:   Say it Smart:  Data: {LocalVar.LocalYear} Type: Date 
InputFormat: YYYY (to play the year)