cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - Tomcat Password

rdarah
Level 1
Level 1

For a CVP 3.0 system, if the customer doesn't know the Tomcat password, is there some way to retrieve it, or to change it? And if it is changed will that have an impact on the system?

Thanks,

Rick

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You only need this password if you are trying to configure Tomcat resources. The most likely candidate in CVP would be to add a JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface) specification so that you can use the User Management Database part of CVP VXML. If you are not doing this, the lost admin password does not appear to be a problem.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

When you configure the JNDI connection for CVP VXML Server, you only require the password of your database. The Tomcat password is the default installed with Tomcat. This should never be changed. Changing of this password is unsupported by Cisco.

Regards,

-Chris

chleblan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The Tomcat installation for CVP 3.0 is dedicated for CVP use only. May I ask why you would want to change the password?

Regards,

-Chris

Hi Chris:

We don't want to change the password, but we want to get into the Tomcat web admin page. We are trying to find out information about the ports that are opened between the VXML server and the rest of the components. I don't think they are documented completely and we're hoping to find some additional information in the Tomcat admin.

The problem is that the default login is not working. I don't know if or why the login and password were changed at sometime during the install or operation of the system. So I'm wondering if there is a way to reset it to the default without having to reinstall everything.

Are you referring to the Tomcat that installed with the CVP AppServer or the CVP VXML Server?

Regards,

-Chris