cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB Read query stopped working

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DB Read step with a simple query, Select * from dbo.computers where ext =$ANI, that just doesn't work anymore after a few years without issue.  Data Source works fine, the connection creds are correct, everything else works fine except for this simple query.  If I replace the $ANI (ANI is a string variable) with the internal extension so the query looks like this, Select * from dbo.computers where ext = '1234567' , the query works fine and DB Get pulls the results I should be getting.  So it seems the issue is with the =$ANI part of the query.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the issue may be?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies 4

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Most likely, the ANI value no longer matches the ext value in your database. I don't know what your script looks like but UCCX doesn't automatically insert dash (-) symbols within the calling number. I don't know, perhaps your script contains some additional steps to add dashes before reading the database. If this worked before, then perhaps the ext format was changed by the db provider. How do you populate the dbo.computers table? 

Thanks for replying, Mark.  The computers table is populated through a linked spreadsheet on a sharepoint portal.  As far as I can tell, nothing anywhere has changed, it just stopped working.

Check the ext values in the spreadsheet, do they contain dash (-) symbols? Also, check your permissions on sharepoint. I would assume the folder or doc is restricted, right? How do you connect to sharepoint... via your AD account, generic service account, etc.? Make sure this account isn't locked or disabled.

If all else fails, login to RTMT and view the MIVR logs.

Nope, no dashes anywhere.  The linked spreadsheet is just a simple method to maintain the data in an SQL database, which is what the script is querying, so sharepoint really has nothing to do with the script not being able to successfully query.  I'll definitely look at the MIVR logs in RTMT though.