cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

default routing for unassigned numbers in the UCCE Dialed Number / Script Selector List

tzunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  I've searched for an answer to this question, but haven't found much written for UCCE surprisingly.  Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong terms.  This is a very common problem I've run into before with other voice systems, so I'm sure someone has a solution or two.  I'm trying to find the best solution for UCCE 11.5.  We have a large organization with 50K telephone numbers.  1-2% of these phone numbers are routed by an SBC via SIP to a UCCE ingress ASR gateway which directs the call to CVP using dial-peers.  When the telephone number is appropriately configured in the UCCE Dialed Number / Script Selector List, everything works as designed.  The calls are sent to the appropriate script and answered by CVP.

Surprisingly for such a large organization, occasionally the SBC will become configured to route a telephone number to UCCE as described above, but the telephone number is not configured in the UCCE Dialed Number / Script Selector List.  This can be for a variety of reasons:

• Typically a new number is requested and the SBC programming completed before the UCCE Dialed Number is added.
  • Or, an an existing number isremoved from UCCE Dialed Number  / Script Selector List before the SBC programming is removed.

Either way, a SIP INVITE method for the telephone call is sent to the ingress gateway and offered to CVP.  Router is unable to find a match for the dialed number, and the route request ultimately fails, which is appropriate but generates several errors in ICM & systems upstream.  At this point, what is the best way to default route such calls to unassigned Dialed Numbers to an ICM script which would say, "You have reached a non-working number at UCCE..." ?  We would keep an eye on this call type to understand when the default routing occurs.

This would be simple to do on CUCM and Unity Connection, but please assume we do not have CUCM and Unity to use for this example.  Is this what the Default Routing tab on the PG Explorer can be used for?  I'm trying that solution in a lab environment, but I'm curious if that is the traditional solution for the experts.

Thank you!

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Default route's are typically when "something goes wrong", or in other words the router sends a Dialog Failure back to the routing client. Easiest way in your description would be to take the default call type (as selected in the System Information->Default Call Type) which is normally the "BuiltIn" call type, and map that to a generic script that does exactly as you said like play "I'm sorry, you've reached a non-working number, please call our main number at 867-5309".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Default route's are typically when "something goes wrong", or in other words the router sends a Dialog Failure back to the routing client. Easiest way in your description would be to take the default call type (as selected in the System Information->Default Call Type) which is normally the "BuiltIn" call type, and map that to a generic script that does exactly as you said like play "I'm sorry, you've reached a non-working number, please call our main number at 867-5309".

Thank you for the solution and props for the Tommy Tutone reference! Tony